CENTCOM: Pentagon says reports of US drone being shot down in Iran "incorrect"

CENTCOM: Pentagon says reports of US drone being shot down in Iran "incorrect"
  • Clock-gray 18:39
  • calendar-gray 08 November 2019

The Pentagon on Friday denied reports that a US drone was shot down by Iranian defence forces in the province of Khuzestan, saying all American military equipment in the area is accounted for, APA reports citing Sputnik.

"Alleged reports of a US drone being shot down are incorrect," US Central Command (CENTCOM) wrote on Twitter. "If an Unmanned Aircraft System {UAS) had gone down in the CENTCOM [area] it was not a DoD asset. All US equipment has been accounted for".

​The Iranian military earlier on Friday said that the country's air defence forces had downed a foreign drone near Mahshahr port in the country's Khuzestan province. It was unclear, however, whether the UAV was military or civilian.

apa-logo-mini

Other news