Shanahan withdraws from consideration to be U.S. defense secretary

Shanahan withdraws from consideration to be U.S. defense secretary
  • Clock-gray 21:20
  • calendar-gray 18 June 2019

Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan has withdrawn from consideration to head the U.S. military, President Donald Trump said on Tuesday, adding that Shanahan wanted to spend more time with his family, APA reports citing Reuters.

Trump said the secretary of the Army, Mark Esper, will be named as the new acting defense secretary. Esper had been considered a leading contender for the job if Shanahan was ultimately not confirmed.

Faiq Mahmudov

Other news

Archive

date