Ex-Twitter worker claims responsibility for Trump's account shutdown

Ex-Twitter worker claims responsibility for Trump's account shutdown
  • Clock-gray 04:35
  • calendar-gray 30 November 2017

A German man has come forward as the former Twitter Inc employee who shut down the account of U.S. President Donald Trump for 11 minutes this month on his last day of work at the social network, APA reports quoting Reuters.

 

The technology news website TechCrunch published an interview on Wednesday with Bahtiyar Duysak, whom it called a 20-something with Turkish roots who was born and raised in Germany. He was a temporary contract worker in San Francisco for Twitter, the website said.

 

Duysak, who had not previously been identified as the person behind the takedown, told TechCrunch that he considered Trump’s temporary silencing a “mistake” and never thought the account would get deactivated.

 

It was not a planned act, he said. Rather, he said, the chance to shutter the account fell into his lap near the end of his scheduled final shift, and he decided to take it.

Ceyhun Aliyev

Other news

Archive

date