Iran dismisses reports of limiting entry of Pakistanis due to coronavirus

Iran dismisses reports of limiting entry of Pakistanis due to coronavirus
  • Clock-gray 15:48
  • calendar-gray 22 February 2020

The Consul General of the Islamic Republic of Iran in Pakistan’s southwestern city of Quetta strongly dismissed the media reports that Iran has limited the entry of Pakistani nationals due to coronavirus outbreak, APA reports quoting IRNA.

On Saturday Mohammad Rafiee said that in recent days false reports have been published in social media that Iranian consulate has restricted the entry of Pakistani nationals, including tourists, businessmen, pilgrims, and government officials into Iran.

He said that Iran closed its joint border with Pakistan due to Iranian Parliamentary elections held on February 21 and it informed the senior officials of Pakistan during a meeting in the Iranian border city of Mirjaveh as per procedures.

The diplomat went on to say that the border is opened and Pakistani businessmen, tourists, pilgrims, and state officials have been entering Iran without any problem.

Rafiee added that custom and police officials in Mirjaveh have told him that 23 buses carrying Pakistani pilgrims have entered into Iran so far and there is no restriction on the entry of Pakistani nationals to Iran.

He added that the spread of coronavirus does not restrict the entry of Pakistani nationals into Iran.

apa-logo-mini

Other news

Archive

date