Northwest China sees return of coronavirus cases
A northwestern Chinese province on the frontline of the fight against coronavirus reported on Tuesday its first cases in nearly three weeks, all involving travellers from overseas, as imported infections in the rest of China started to ease, APA reports citing Reuters.
Shaanxi province reported 21 new infections from abroad as well as seven cases with no clinical symptoms, all of whom were travellers on a commercial flight from Moscow bound for the Chinese capital of Beijing.
Due to a ban on international flights arriving at Beijing, the Air China jet landed on Monday in Xian, capital of Shaanxi, where the virus was detected by medical staff conducting tests at the airport and cases were confirmed on Tuesday.
All of the infected were Chinese nationals.
New imported infections in mainland China fell to four cases on Monday, the National Health Commission said, the lowest since March 12, after Chinese authorities slashed international flights and severely restricted arrivals of foreigners.
Despite the curbs, the arrival of imported cases has proved difficult to predict, although in the last 14 days, Chinese citizens returning home from or via Russia have accounted for the majority of the infections.
The northeastern province of Heilongjiang has so far borne the brunt of the incoming infections, with both air and land links to Russia.
Fearing infections from Heilongjiang, the health authority of Changchun, capital of neighbouring Jilin province, has mandated that people who have lived or travelled to the Heilongjiang cities of Harbin or Mudanjiang this month are subject to quarantine and must undergo three rounds of tests.
Shenyang, capital of northeastern Liaoning province, on Monday issued similar rules for people from Harbin or Mudanjiang.
Last week, a local case in Fushun city in Liaoning was found to be related to a locally transmitted case at a Harbin hospital, spurring fears of a widening outbreak in northeast China.
Mainland China has an accumulated total of 82,758 confirmed cases and 4,632 deaths as of the end of April 20, the National Health Commission said, including 11 new cases on Monday.
Of Monday’s new cases, six were local infections in Heilongjiang and one in the southern province of Guangdong.
China also reported 37 new asymptomatic coronavirus cases on the mainland on April 20, compared to 49 a day earlier.
China does not include people who test positive but exhibit no clinical symptoms such as a fever in its tally of confirmed cases.
The number of people who have had contact with confirmed cases and are currently under medical observation for symptoms stood at 8,791 as of Monday.
Armenia uses child soldiers against Azerbaijani military - VIDEO
Hikmet Hajiyev Twitted on disposal of Armenia's launched missile: "Target was village and innocent civilians" - PHOTO
Memory of a 13-year-old Russian citizen, a victim of the Armenian terror in Ganja, was commemorated in front of the Russian embassy - PHOTO
MoD: International organizations were informed about Armenia's direct participation in the conflict
OSCE: Kaspzyk does not have the mandate to conduct investigations or to verify and report on the military potential of any side
Russian military expert: Capitulation or destroying of Armenian army in Garabagh is matter of time
Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Defense: "Armenian military servicemen are advised to put down weapons and to give up without wasting time"
MoD: The Azerbaijan Air Force destroyed military equipment and infrastructure of the enemy
Trump casts vote at county main library, departs for rally in North Carolina
Azerbaijani MoD: Enemy attempts to attack our units were suppressed
Azerbaijani President: In the center of Baku, there is an Armenian church which has been restored by us and protected by our government, but our mosques on the occupied territories have been destroyed.
Azerbaijani President: Our relations with Turkey have a great history but even brighter future
Rally called “Armenia kills civilian population. End to Armenian aggression” being held in biggest shopping mall of Islamabad - VIDEO
After Pashinyan, Mnatsakanyan also was ashamed on famous TV channel
Azerbaijani President: We cleaned completely the Azerbaijani-Iranian border from Armenian occupants, no more clashes take place there
Azerbaijani President: Our biggest supplier of military equipment is not Turkey and Israel, it is Russia
Azerbaijani MoD: In occupied territories security of civilian population crossing to the Azerbaijani side to be ensured
Russia’s MFA disseminated information regarding teenager who was killed as result of rocket strike in Azerbaijan’s Ganja
Hikmat Hajiyev: "Aim of the opposite side is to provoke the Azerbaijan Army to open fire at the territory of Armenia"
Azerbaijani Military Command offers soldiers and volunteers who deceived and brought to occupied territories to surrender
Hikmat Hajiyev: "Making of attacks from Armenia’s territory on Azerbaijan’s territory is another act of military aggression"
26 people, including 10 women, 6 children killed as a result of rocket and artillery attacks of Armenian Army
Azerbaijani MoD: Civilian population living in occupied territories is advised to stay away from military facilities
Azerbaijani President: These attacks on Ganja, cannot be justified and Armenia will be responsible for that
Russia’s embassy disseminated information about teenager who sustained injury and died in hospital as result of rocket strike in Ganja
65 civilians killed, 297 injured as a result of Armenian provocations
Azerbaijani President: Turkey is not involved in the conflict at all
Azerbaijani President: We defeat Armenia on the battlefield, and they have to run away from us
Brunei's Prince Azim dies at age of 38
President Ilham Aliyev: Like our relations with Turkey, our relations with Georgia are good examples of good neighborhood
Azerbaijani President: If Armenia doesn’t stop, we will go until the end to liberate all the occupied territories
Azerbaijani President: " We liberated and continue to liberate part of the internationally recognized territory of Azerbaijan"
Azerbaijani MoD: Artillery units of the Azerbaijan Army continue to inflict crushing blows on the enemy
Consumer credits of our martyred military servicemen and civilian citizens who sustained damage as result of enemy provocation to be completely written off
Azerbaijani MoD: Azerbaijani soldier acts within the framework of the norms of international law
Mustafa Şentop: “I call on UN not to remain silent to occupations”
President of Turkey: “We will continue to provide every support to Azerbaijan’s counteroffensive operation”
Azerbaijani MoD: Enemy UAV destroyed
Erdogan: “I believe that our Azerbaijani brothers will win this fight”
Azerbaijani MoD: Enemy’s combat aircraft was shot down
Prosecutor General’s Office warns social network users and some mass media representatives
Turkey’s MFA shared a post regarding Turkish diplomat killed in France as a result of ASALA’s attack
Turkish President: “Our Azerbaijani brothers are liberating their occupied lands”
1,281,497 coronavirus tests conducted in Azerbaijan so far
Number of confirmed coronavirus cases reaches 49,013 in Azerbaijan, 664 deaths
Azerbaijan documents 792 fresh coronavirus cases, 220 recoveries, 8 deaths in the last 24 hours
Fighting spirit of Azerbaijani Army is high - VIDEO
Coronavirus death toll in Iran exceeds 32.000
Hulusi Akar: “Lasting peace can be ensured after withdrawal of Armenia from occupied Azerbaijani lands”
Korotchenko: “Armenians being citizens of Russia can’t participate in Nagorno Garabagh front”
MoD: The enemy's artillery units and command post were destroyed - VIDEO
Destruction of the volunteer groups and military equipment of the Armenian armed forces in the Khojavend and Fizuli directions of the front - VIDEO
MoD: Military personnel and armored vehicles of the enemy getting ready for redeployment destroyed
Armenian detainee: “I appeal to Armenian people: No need to fight for land that does not belong to us" - VIDEO
Armenians target Azerbaijan's residential settlements, civilian population, and civilian facilities - PHOTOSESSION
Azerbaijani MP suggests to establish shelters for beggars
Azerbaijan commemorates Khojaly genocide - PHOTOSESSION
14 years pass since establishment of the Ministry of Emergency Situations: They always come to your aid in any difficult moments - PHOTOSESSION - VIDEO
First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva attended opening ceremony of rebuilt Azerbaijan pavilion at Exhibition of Achievements of National Economy in Moscow - UPDATED
President of Azerbaijan: “So far, the enemy’s 241 tanks have been destroyed, 39 tanks were taken as military trophy”
President Ilham Aliyev: Zangilan city and 6 villages of the region, 18 villages of Fuzuli, Jabrayil and Khojavend regions liberated from occupation
Hikmat Hajiyev: “About 24 thousand missiles were launched on Azerbaijan’s residential settlements, civilian facilities by Armenia”
Israeli Ambassador: Attacks on civilians unacceptable regardless of nationality or religion