Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Nasser Kanaani says the September document concerning the talks to revive the Iran nuclear agreement is not a new document but the outcome of previous rounds of negotiations between Iran and the remaining parties to the deal, APA reports citing IRNA.
Nasser Kanaani made the remarks during a press conference in Tehran on Monday, in response to IRNA’s correspondent who asked him to clarify Foreign Minister Hossein Amirabdollahian’s recent remarks about the “September document between Iran and the United States.”
According to Kanaani, the last round of negotiations on reviving the deal, also known as the JCPOA, in September last year was about to be finalized but the US and its European partners rejected the final document.
They made a miscalculation by taking into account the Iran riots as well as the developments in Ukraine, missing an important opportunity to conclude the talks, he said.
“They showed once again that they do not have the true will necessary for the parties to return to the JCPOA and fulfill their obligations,” Kanaani lamented.
The spokesman further noted that Iran will develop its relations with those seeking to expand ties with it based on mutual respect.
“In the meantime, we are witnessing the improvement of Iran’s regional and international status,” he said, adding that the developments have undoubtedly led to good achievements in increasing the volume of Iran’s trade with other countries.