Azerbaijani warrant Officer Released from Armenian Captivity: Without anesthetic, they stitched my palate for more than three hours - PHOTO

Azerbaijani warrant Officer Released from Armenian Captivity: Without anesthetic, they stitched my palate for more than three hours - PHOTO
  • Clock-gray 03:42
  • calendar-gray 03 January 2021

An Azerbaijani soldier released from Armenian captivity was reunited with his family after being treated in a Baku hospital.

APA employees visited the family of warrant officer of the Azerbaijani army Omar Alakbarov, who was wounded and captured during the Patriotic War.

Alakbarov's parents, sharing with us the joy of victory in the war, expressed gratitude to the President of Azerbaijan, the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces Ilham Aliyev and Mehriban Aliyeva.

According to Omar's sister Zumrud Alakbarova, they did not know that her brother was in a war zone. According to her, the family was worried, because for some time it was not possible to contact Omar. Through friends, he told his family that he could not contact them due to the loss of his mobile phone...

After a while, our lands, occupied by the enemy, are liberated, but no news from Omar comes ...

The news of the death of Omar greatly shocked the family, they searched for his body for 21 days. Then it turns out that he did not die, is alive, but is in captivity ...

His comrade Ravvag Ramazanov said that since September 27 Omar took part in operations in the Kelbajar, and then in the Fizuli and Khojavend directions.

Having told that he and Omar are friends with families, R. Ramazanov expressed pride in him: "Omar is a soldier ready to fulfill the task at the cost of his own life. I witnessed his courage."

During the conversation, it turns out that Omar continuously participated in fierce battles in the Fizuli and Khojavend directions for 16-17 days. He was wounded on November 8 and spent a day and a half, enduring pain, remained on the field. According to him, faith in victory made him forget about the pain. Then he was taken, prisoner.

Warrant officer Alekperov also spoke about the days in captivity: “While in captivity, I hoped that sooner or later I would return to my homeland. Yes, I was sure that the Supreme Commander-in-Chief would not leave any of our servicemen in captivity, and that is what happened.

Sometimes I even dreamed that our army would rescue us from captivity in battle. But once they said that they were sending us to Azerbaijan”.

According to Omar, during his time in captivity, he did not know that Azerbaijan officially won a victory on November 10: “When we asked them about the course of the war, they lost their temper. Naturally, from their reaction, I roughly assumed what the situation was at the front. ”

Alakbarov told how he was tortured in captivity: “Not a day passed without torture. One must be able to stand proudly before the enemy. We were able to ... They pressed on the wounds on my leg so hard that the finger touched the bone. I fainted from unbearable pain. They kicked me in the kidneys and liver. At the hospital, nurses used syringes to pump alcohol into our veins. They demanded that we repeat their words, otherwise they tortured again. This went on for 17 days ... "

Warrant officer Alakbarov said that after the appearance of an Armenian officer who spoke Azerbaijani, the torture decreased somewhat: “From the hospital, we were brought to a place that looked like a prison. Upon arrival, they began to beat us again. Every day we were severely beaten for 30-40 minutes, sometimes for 1 hour. My hardest day was on the night of November 28-29. The bullet went under the eye and out of the mouth. That night, a wound opened in my mouth. The doctor 3 hours without anesthetic, without "anesthesia", put stitches on my palate. The stitches were removed only after release. "

The 35-year-old warrant officer, released from Armenian captivity 35 days later, says that he learned about the victory of our army only when he set foot on his homeland: “When we were brought to the airport with my eyes closed, I tried to see what was happening from under the bandage. I noticed the back of the plane. Only when I got to my homeland, I learned that we had won a victory. In fact, the joy of victory was enough for me, but the fact that I die or survive was not important."


Other news