Azerbaijan appeals to int’l organizations to get back body of its soldier killed by Armenians

Azerbaijan appeals to int’l organizations to get back body of its soldier killed by Armenians
  • Clock-gray 08:15
  • calendar-gray 30 December 2016

Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry has appealed to the ICRC Azerbaijan Delegation, the OSCE Minsk Group, and the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office Andrzej Kasprzyk to receive the body of Azerbaijani soldier, who died as a result of the Armenian provocation on Dec. 29, the ministry told APA on Dec. 30.

 

Azerbaijan’s Defense Ministry said it continues joint work with relevant structures to retrieve the body of the fallen soldier from the enemy.

 

On Dec. 29, a reconnaissance group of the Armenian Armed Forces tried to violate the Azerbaijan-Armenia state border. The Armenian group found itself in the ambush of the Azerbaijani army while violating the borders. The enemy suffered losses in the ensuing clash and had to retreat. A soldier of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces, Gurbanov Chingiz, went missing as a result of the shootout. Then it was revealed that the Azerbaijani soldier was killed and his body remained in the territory controlled by enemy forces. 

 

With regard images that appeared in Armenian social media showing the dead body of the Azerbaijani soldier, the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry said. “The Armenian side previously denied having the body. Nevertheless, the enemy released photos of the Azerbaijani soldier after the necessary measures were taken and undeniable pieces of evidence present were presented by the Defense Ministry,” the ministry said.

 

“Unfortunately, the Armenians once again tried to abuse this unlucky incident for their own ugly ambitions in a bid to mislead representatives of international organizations, showing their inhumane face to the people of Azerbaijan,” the ministry added.  

 

 

Other news