Gazprom Neft disappointed at OPEC+ deal failure, says CEO

Gazprom Neft disappointed at OPEC+ deal failure, says CEO
  • Clock-gray 03:18
  • calendar-gray 13 March 2020

Gazprom Neft is disappointed at Russia’s withdrawal from the OPEC+ oil production capping deal but it was OPEC that resorted to rupture the agreement, Chief Executive Officer of Gazprom Neft Alexander Dyukov told reporters on Thursday, APA reports citing TASS.

"There was some disappointment with the outcome of negotiations in Vienna. I sincerely regret. The agreement achieved by OPEC+ proved its efficiency and workability. Certainly, it would be more proper to keep it in this situation," the top manager said.

"This is not our decision. Our OPEC partners went for it. I feel sorry about temporary loss of that agreement," Dyukov added.

OPEC+ agreement participants failed to decide on further oil production cuts in view of the falling demand due to the coronavirus spread last week. All the limitations of oil production will be lifted from April 1, 2020.

apa-logo-mini

Other news