Milli Majlis signs order on battle coronavirus
- 18 March 2020
On March 18, the chair of Azerbaijani Parliament Sahiba Gafarov has signed an order on measures considered necessary to be implemented in the Milli Majlis regarding combat against coronavirus (COVİD-19) infection, Parliament told APA.
The order reflects the following issues:
- To suspend temporarily the holding of meetings of committees and commissions of the Azerbaijani Parliament, and gatherings of Administrative Office and General Affairs Department of the Azerbaijani Parliament, to implement management only by telephone (selector) communication, and mobile phone and internet communication;
- To suspend temporarily the business trips and travels to foreign countries of the deputies and employees of the Azerbaijani Parliament;
- To charge the Department on the reception of citizens and work with their appeals od the Administrative Office of the Azerbaijani Parliament with the temporary suspension of receptions of citizens at the Azerbaijani Parliament;
- To instruct the assistants to deputies of the Azerbaijani Parliament to receive the voters’ appeals by means of internet and telephone communication without contacting them directly at the election constituencies;
- Head of Administrative Office and Chief of General Affairs Department of the Azerbaijani Parliament is instructed to implement preferential terms for work attendance of women, who have an underage child;
- If respiratory diseases, weakness, and other similar cases are observed in one of the employees or one of their family members, they should recommend these employees not to attend work place by informing their chiefs until they are fully recovered;
- Employees of the Administrative Office and General Affairs Department of the Azerbaijani Parliament should not leave their working room during a working day if there is not a special necessity, not contact with other persons without a necessity;
- Employees of Administrative Office and General Affairs Department of the Azerbaijani Parliament should precautious measures, which will help to prevent the spread of the virus, as well as seriously follow doctor recommendations and sanitary-hygiene regulations;
- To instruct the medical station of Milli Majlis to implement awareness work in Milli Majlis in order to prevent the spread of the virus
- All technical staff of Milli Majlis Affairs Department, as well as drivers, builders, workers, and other employees definitely to be undergone medical examination once a day
-All transport vehicles under the balance of auto parking of Milli Majlis to be definitely disinfected once a day
-Milli Majlis Affairs Department to ensure the installment of antiseptic means in the corridors of all administrative buildings of the parliament and provide their daily renewal.
The control of implementation of measures envisaged in the order has been instructed to head of the Milli Majlis Apparatus and director of Affairs Department.