Ministry of Taxes combating organized criminal group, not just sellers violating law - INTERVIEW
Head of Department for the Preliminary Investigation of Tax Crimes under the Ministry of Taxes Khagani Isgenderov’s interview with APA-Economics:
- Control measures on revealing of goods without excise labels are on the agenda…
- Ministry of Taxes has been conducting monitoring to determine the sales of goods without excise labels in Baku and regions. These measures have been intensified recently. Operations revealed ways of delivery of such goods and main facilities where they are sold. Unfortunately, these facilities include trade places that majority of people appeal to.
Moreover, Department for the Preliminary Investigation of Tax Crimes revealed goods without excise labels or with fake excise labels in trade facilities in Garadagh and Khazar districts, Sumgayit and Khirdalan cities last week.
- What kind of measures are being taken to prevent these irregularities?
- Persons engaging in sale and delivery of abovementioned goods and a criminal case has been launched on the facts. This is the next stage of operations conducted by the tax authorities against a group providing fake goods, at the same time, goods without excise labels, to trade facilities. Ministry of Taxes is combating organized criminal group, not just sellers violating law. The main purpose is too narrow the ‘shadow economy’, reduce the sale of goods without excise labels to zero.
- You were aware of existence of a criminal group. It becomes clear that this is nor rare…
- Of course…delivery of such goods to kiosks in bus stations, trade facilities and other sales points shows that this is done by a criminal group.
- How does a criminal group organize its work?
- For sale of these goods, private kiosks are constructed in different places. In many cases, the goods are stored in transport facilities and other places.
- Inexistence of excise labels indicates that the product is fake, isn’t it?
- Excises are applied to limit consumption of harmful goods. By buying goods without excise label or with fake excise label, a consumer may have got harmful goods. Application of excise such goods aims to control their sale.
- What punishments are in the legislation for selling such goods?
- Production, sale and import of goods without excise label cause administrative and criminal responsibility. If such goods amount to a little amount (AZN 500), the individuals are fined AZN 35-40, legal entities – AZN 200-300 and officials – AZN 80-90. Punishment for production, import and sale of such goods amounting to more than AZN 500 is a penalty of AZN 1,000-2,000, correctional works and imprisonment for up to 2 years or up to 5 years for a group of people.
- Goods without excise label lead to tax avoidance.
- Sale of goods without excise label leads to extension of shadow economy and smuggling. Creation of regulation in this field is one of the main directions of the state.
- Community should be enlightened about this field. What is your opinion about it?
- Ministry of Taxes will continue measures in this direction. At the same time, people should also inform relevant bodies about such cases.
Presidential aide: “As of now, the package of preferences for credits during period of pandemic is not being considered”
CBA: Foreign exchange reserves Azerbaijan make it possible to maintain the macroeconomic stability
Vusal Gasimli: "No poor person, whose daily income is below USD 3.2, recorded in Azerbaijan"
Kestutis Jankauskas: "EU is close to concluding with Azerbaijan an agreement valued at $ 27 mln."
England has first night out since lockdown
Armenia violated ceasefire 43 times throughout the day
Trump: US will soon defeat radical left inside the country
Incumbent Koike seen ahead as Tokyo votes for governor amid pandemic
Asylum seeker from Russia shot dead in Austria
Fire breaks out at Iranian power plant, latest in series of incidents
Fire at Sobsan paint factory in Baku extinquished - PHOTO - VIDEO - UPDATED-10
Moscow's death toll from confirmed coronavirus cases rises by 24 to 3,953
Trump approves five-week extension for small business pandemic loan applications
WHO halts hydroxychloroquine, HIV drugs in COVID trials after failure to reduce death
Four firefighters injured in the fire at the paint factory in Baku
Gatherings of more than 5 people restricted in public places, streets and boulvards of Azerbaijan
Activities in a number of areas of work and services not allowed in cities and regions where the special quarantine regime tightened
People in 16 cities and districts of Azerbaijan should get 8103 SMS permission leaving home from today
People who live in 16 cities and regions should get permission through MIA in order to attend funeral of close relative
Special quarantine regime starts in 16 cities and regions of Azerbaijan - LIST
WHO reports single-day increase in coronavirus cases by over 212,000
Pubs, Restaurants reopen in London
20 died, 1,200+ recover from COVID-19 in 24 hours: Turkish health minister
Italy reports 21 more deaths and 235 new cases
Shooting in Mississippi leaves 1 person killed, 3 others injured
508 811 coronavirus tests conducted in Azerbaijan so far
Number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Azerbaijan reach 19,801, with 11,291 recoveries and 241 deaths
Azerbaijan documents 534 fresh coronavirus cases, 6 deaths
AZAL to perform additional special flight to Istanbul
Chinese Agriculture Ministry says new strain of swine flu unlikely to grow into outbreak
Mexico steps up border checks to keep coronavirus at bay over July 4 holiday
US diplomats to leave Saudi Arabia over coronavirus fears
Two people hospitalised as car rams into protesters in state of Washington
Explosion at power plant in Iranian city of Ahvaz causes fire, emergency services say
Russia says China would be needed in expanded G7 summit
Azerbaijani Embassy to Saudi Arabia addresses to citizens in the country
National Defense Minister: "Turkey's presence in Libya to do whatever int’l law requires"
PM: Italy eyes measures to support auto, tourism industries
US registers over 50,000 new COVID-19 cases for third consecutive day
Iranian President: "No service in government offices for people without face mask"
Indonesia reports 1,447 new coronavirus infections, official says
Dangerous earthquake hits Tajikistan
Australian State of Victoria’s Premier locks down 9 housing complexes amid uptick in COVID-19 cases
Commander of Israel's Border Police tests positive for coronavirus
148 people died from coronavirus in Iran over past day
7 police officers injured after unlicensed event in London
Azerbaijani MFA congratulates US on the occasion of Independence Day
Armenia’s First League suspended, 5 clubs and 58 people disqualified
Moscow warns Open Skies Treaty to crumble in "domino effect" if more nations follow US suit
Chess Olympics, planned to be held in Azerbaijan, postponed
Number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Belarus nearing 63,000
New assistant appointed to Chairperson of Azerbaijani Parliament
Air France and sister airline to cut 7,580 jobs
Over 100 new coronavirus cases reported in Tokyo for 3rd day in row
Azerbaijani MP suggests to establish shelters for beggars
Azerbaijan commemorates Khojaly genocide - PHOTOSESSION
14 years pass since establishment of the Ministry of Emergency Situations: They always come to your aid in any difficult moments - PHOTOSESSION - VIDEO
First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva attended opening ceremony of rebuilt Azerbaijan pavilion at Exhibition of Achievements of National Economy in Moscow - UPDATED
Open Doors Day and the military oath-taking ceremony were held on the occasion of the State Flag Day
Planet parade to be on July 4
Azerbaijan’s MIA: Police posts on streets and avenues of Baku to be abolished from tomorrow
US House of Representatives Committee proposes $3.8 Billion to fund anti-Russia measures in 2021