La Liga has refused to confirm Leganes coach Javier Aguirre's announcement that the Spanish soccer season will re-start on June 20 after being halted for more than three months due to the coronavirus, APA reports citing Manorama Online.
"There are no confirmed dates to return to competition," a La Liga spokesman said.
"We will begin training sessions and then wait for the government's decision about the established dates. Our intention is to return to competition in June as long as the government decides it is ok to do so."
Speaking to Mexican website Marca Claro earlier on Thursday, Aguirre said he had been given details of when the campaign would start again and had been informed the season would conclude before the end of July.
"We now have a start date for the league, we begin on June 20 and finish officially on July 26. We will play 11 rounds of matches on Saturdays and Sundays and Wednesdays and Thursdays," said Aguirre, whose Leganes side are 19th in the standings.