SES expert: More work should be done for the development of eco-system in Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
Gabi Heimsos, an expert from Senior Expert Services (SES) company, cooperating with Baku Business Factory on the appeal of the organization to the German Foreign Trade Chamber (AHK) is on a three-week business trip to Baku.
APA-Economics informs, the aim of the visit is to hold personal and group meetings with BBF's startups, share German experience and help startups to create relations with German companies.
In addition, the expert will facilitate the establishment of links between business incubation centers with which she cooperates in Germany and the BBF with the aim of securing its residents to the German market.
During her visit G.Heimsos agreed to give an interview to Report news agency and share her opinion about the visit.
-You have recently visited Baku Business Factory. What impressions have you got after the visit?
- I have had good impressions. The office space was bright and friendly. BBF provides broad opportunities for young entepreneurs to lay the basis for their business and that's very nice, as many of these entepreneurs cannot always afford the cost of office space or lack knowledge on how to register and further expand their business. This is really important things for beginner entepreneur.
-What startups in BBF attracted your attention the most?
- Many of the startups in BBF were interesting. For example "Ticket set up", "Mr. Bee", "Balta", "Darts Games", "Keepmycoin", "Brandcream". Actually, any kind of startup is interesting, the main thing is to present it in attractive way and feel the momentum.
In general, I was pleased with the attention that is being paid to start-ups development in Azerbaijan.
- Could you provide us information about startups registration process in Germany?
-The first way is almost going to IHK – Industrie und Handelskammer (same as AHK in Baku). At all city’s you can find IHK`s . They give trainings and consulting about what to do. There are also many Start-up Centers in Germany – they almost give trainings and rooms. For example:https://www.rtz.de/home.html, or https://m.frankfurt-main.ihk.de/english/business/t...
At the beginning of your entrepreneurship you have to register by the commercial office, they give Information to tax office and to trade association. There are some commercial activities that require special approval. For example: working with electricity, open an restaurant, working in social and health and so on. The commercial office also the IHK`s will give you information.
- What young entrepreneurs in Azerbaijan need more in order to achieve success with their startups?
- They should be more concerned with their business and their future plans. They need more consulting about how to do and how to start. Realistically look at the feasibility of the idea. Deal with their future prospects about their business idea. Create business plan and calculate the worst and best case. They need to understand that they can fail but at the same time never give up and continue realize their ideas, because one day you can catch your jack-pot.
And I believe that more work should be done for the development of eco-system in Azerbaijan.
-How did you find Baku for tourism?
- Baku is really interesting for tourism. Striking for me was the cleanliness in the city. The nice boulevard, manyparks and rest areas with green and plants. Difficult was the orientation in Metro and Bus station. They are mostly in Azerbaijani language.
- Which organizations have you met and what was your impression?
- I met with representative of the Ministry and his colleague in Baku. They were very interested in all types of German business knowledge. It feels like we want to go a new way and we are ready to start now. I also met students from ADA University. They were all very interested in getting knowledge about how to be an entrepreneur.
Prevent the infection by means of “e-Tabib”! A gift for Bakcell customers who use the mobile app
Baku-Khirdalan-Sumgait and Baku-Pirshagi-Sumgait electric suspend operation over weekend
Adobe, Mastercard, Visa warning owners of online store running Magento 1.x of updating their installs
AZAL: Price of a ticket for economy class on Istanbul-Baku route - AZN 374, for students - 30% discount
AZN 455 thousand allocated for improvement of supply of irrigation water to the sowing areas in Azerbaijan's Bilesuvar
Three people drowned in the Kura River in Azerbaijan
Panama gets $400 million loan for its strategy against coronavirus
544 735 coronavirus tests conducted in Azerbaijan so far
Number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Azerbaijan reach 22464, with 284 deaths
Portuguese envoy praises Turkey's COVID-19 measures
Azerbaijan documents 548 fresh coronavirus cases, 491 recoveries, 10 deaths
Hungary to review rules on travel to neighbours after COVID-19 spikes
WHO office to be opened in Istanbul
Bulgaria closes night clubs, bans spectators at sports events
Azerbaijan’s MES started cleaning works on Boyuk Shor lake in Baku - VIDEO
TikTok says removed over 49 million videos in second half of 2019
Ukraine reports 810 new coronavirus cases in the past 24 hours
UK's John Lewis to close eight stores with possible loss of 1,300 jobs
UK toll from confirmed COVID-19 cases rises to 44,602, up 85
906 people died from coronavirus in US over past day
Work begun on the treatment of a wastewater layer on Lake Boyuk Shor in Baku
Azerbaijan Defense Minister expresses condolences to his Turkish counterpart
Russian MFA supports Azerbaijan's initiative on holding UN GA special session dedicated to COVID-19
Armenians set fire to occupied Azerbaijani territories
China rules out hosting most international sport in 2020
Secretary and advisor to Bulgarian President arrested
ICRC representatives visit Azerbaijani hostages Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
Gold revenues of Oil Fund sharply increased
7 employees of Azerbaijan's ITV infected with coronavirus
Azerbaijan's State Oil Fund to purchase real estate worth to USD 50 mln. in US
Moscow to reopen schools as daily cases fall
Slovakia reports biggest daily rise in coronavirus cases since April
WHO: COVID-19 still out of control in most countries
SOFAZ received about USD 160 bln. during 19 years
Persons producing forged alcoholic drinks arrested
Seoul's Mayor reportedly found dead - UPDATED
SOFAZ completed last year with profit
Ivory Coast Prime Minister Amadou Gon Coulibaly dies at 61
China landslides leave at least 14 dead or missing
Russia’s air service with CIS countries may restart in August, expert says
Mayor: "COVID-19 continues to regress in Moscow"
Global economy may drop more than 5% in case of second pandemic wave
Three killed disposing explosives from Turkish firework factory - UPDATED
China-US relations face biggest challenges since establishment of ties, Foreign Minister says
Protective mask regime abolished in Moscow
Iran's coronvirus cases exceed 250.000
Health condition of Javid Pashayev taken under special control by instruction of Mehriban Aliyeva
Azerbaijani MIA conducts operation against officials
Total of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Uzbekistan surpasses 11,000
The role of the textile industry in the integration of the Turkic Council countries - ANALYSIS
Medvedev spoke about relations with Putin
Tokyo coronavirus cases hit record daily high of 224
Complaint of senior officials of Azerbaijan’s MFA not satisfied
President: "More than 400 apartments are to be provided to those who have an impeccable service record of 20 years in the army"
Russia's coronavirus cases reach 707 301
A group of Turkish and Russian experts on COVID-19 arrived in Azerbaijan - VIDEO
Art director of Azerbaijan State Orchestra of Wind Instruments arrested - UPDATED
Azerbaijan Defense Minister visits foremost military units - VIDEO - PHOTO
Ukrainian Security Service detains members of thief in law Lotu Guli's group in Odessa - VIDEO
Azerbaijani MP suggests to establish shelters for beggars
Azerbaijan commemorates Khojaly genocide - PHOTOSESSION
14 years pass since establishment of the Ministry of Emergency Situations: They always come to your aid in any difficult moments - PHOTOSESSION - VIDEO
First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva attended opening ceremony of rebuilt Azerbaijan pavilion at Exhibition of Achievements of National Economy in Moscow - UPDATED
Open Doors Day and the military oath-taking ceremony were held on the occasion of the State Flag Day
Baku police raids at Fairmont Hotel against special quarantine regime violators- VIDEO - UPDATED
Planet parade to be on July 4
AZAL opens sale for special Baku-London-Baku flights
Seoul's Mayor reportedly found dead - UPDATED