No Clear Proposals Received From US Over Disarmament Talks – Kremlin

No Clear Proposals Received From US Over Disarmament Talks – Kremlin
  • Clock-gray 20:17
  • calendar-gray 17 March 2019

Moscow has not received any clear proposals from Washington in regard to disarmament negotiations, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told Sputnik on Sunday, commenting on US National Security Adviser John Bolton’s recent statement, ONAreports quoting sputniknews.

Earlier in the day, Bolton said that he was not ruling out new arms control talks between Washington and Moscow, but suggested that Beijing should also be included in them.

On February 2, the United States formally suspended its obligations under the INF Treaty and triggered the six-month withdrawal process. Washington has said it would terminate this procedure if Russia agreed to be compliant with the pact.

Moscow has also suspended its participation in the treaty, with Russian President Vladimir Putin having instructed the country's authorities not to initiate any new talks with Washington on the matter. Putin has, however, stressed that all of Russia's earlier proposals remained on the table.

Faiq Mahmudov

Other news