- Nagorno Garabagh
Allahshukur Pashazade: â€œWe offered to hold meeting of religious leaders on the Azerbaijan-Armenia borderâ€ - INTERVIEW
Chairman of the Caucasian Muslims' Board Sheik ul-Islam Allahshukur Pashazade’s interview to APA’s Russia correspondent about trilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Russian and Armenian religious leaders held on September 8 in Moscow
- Yesterday, a meeting of Azerbaijani, Russian and Armenian religious leaders was held. Only Patriarch Kirill held briefing about the result of the meeting. How do you assess the results of the meeting?
- Bismillahirrahmanirrahim (In the name of Allah, the beneficent the merciful)! I think the trilateral meeting was helpful. Generally, meeting of Azerbaijani, Russian and Armenian religious leaders is positive. Such meetings will have positive impact on relations among the peoples. The meeting once more shows that there is no any alternative to peaceful settlement of the Nagorno Karabakh. This conflict should be settled within the international law. Armenian Catholicos Karekin II made accusations. We also noted our right position. I spoke about Azerbaijanis captivated by Armenia, issue of Dilgam Asgarov and said this conflict is in Azerbaijani lands.
Armenian Catholicos often reminded April incidents. I said these incidents occurred in Azerbaijani lands and Azerbaijan wants to release its lands.
Moreover, I raised the question about situation of religious monuments, mosques which are under occupation. I spoke about the situation of religious monuments and mosques not only in Nagorno Karabakh and seven regions, but also in current Armenia. I said I have preached in most of these mosques. But, those mosques don’t exist now.
In turn, the Armenian Catholicos claimed that Armenian Church in Baku is in bad situation. As a response, I invited Patriarch Kirill to Baku as a mediator between the Azerbaijani and Armenian peoples to get familiar with the situation of the church and inform to Karekin II.
I clearly said that neither we nor you will leave this region. We’ll live together. Therefore, the religious leaders should help normalization of relations between our peoples.
I told Karekin that Armenia should firstly liberate the seven regions around Nagorno Karabakh. This process should start slightly. Thereafter, heads of states, politicians may consider the status of Nagorno Karabakh issue, of course within the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan.
- Was any decision made about continuation of such meetings in the future?
- I’ve note that Patriarch Kirill is interested in peaceful settlement of the Nagorno Karabakh conflict. He played great role in holding of this meeting. I’d like this meeting to be continued. However, we should get result from these meetings. We offered to organize meetings of Azerbaijani and Armenian religious leaders. For example, one meeting in Azerbaijan’s Gazakh, another in Armenia. Although we - religious leaders have no authority, we decided to be more active. However, we can morally influence our peoples, at the same time, heads of states.
It was offered to create a group consisting of religious figures of Azerbaijan, Russia and Armenia. We discussed this issue at my meeting with Patriarch Kirill. Russian side will discuss this with Armenian side. This group will engage in morally helping while the ceasefire is violated and etc. I think this suggestion will yield result.
- Armenian Catholicos Karekin accused Azerbaijan of aggression. His speech was like a politician more than a religious man…
- All Karekin’s claims were answered in press conference and closed meeting. It was good that he made speech firstly. Then I answered all his claims.
I told him that if we will live together in the future, we must carry out certain works, take steps jointly. Otherwise, the end of this conflict will not be good. One of reasons of conflicts in the Near East, Burma is that the religious men did not interfere in time. If Armenia-Azerbaijan conflict does not come to an end, this conflict will spread to Caucasus. There are powers who want this conflict to be religious. We must not allow it. Otherwise, this will be unpreventable.
- The final declaration envisages release of captives. How did Karekin II react when you raised this question?
- Kareking said nothing about this issue. The main issue was to include the release of captives in the final declaration. Importance of release of civilians was noted in the declaration. Armenian Catholicos signed this declaration. It was very important to include in the declaration the release of captives and protection of religious monuments and mosques. I hope these issues will not remain only on the paper and we’ll not return to the beginning again.
Committee chairperson of Milli Majlis: “34 children were victims of Armenian terrorism during ceasefire period”
Tural Ganjaliyev: "We promote peaceful coexistence and development of both communities in the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan"
Polad Bulbuloglu: "We expect support from the co-chair countries in resolution of the conflict"
Pompeo: “United States remains strongly committed to peaceful resolution of Nagorno Garabagh conflict”
Aybaniz Ismayilova: “We call on Germany to increase its efforts for restoration of territorial integrity of Azerbaijan”
Chairman of Azerbaijani community of Nagorno Garabagh: “These games of Armenia’s political leadership will remain futile”
Head of the Azerbaijani community of the Nagorno-Karabakh: Justice is on our side and, unlike the Armenians, we are ready for peace
Azerbaijan’s MFA: The fact that the aggressor country speaks about peace in its statements is the highest degree of hypocrisy
Two Azerbaijanis recorded video in Yerevan: Armenian special services, you can't work! - VIDEO
Tural Ganjaliyev issues statement regarding so called “oath taking” ceremony to be held in Azerbaijan’s Shusha City
Azerbaijan’s MFA: Holding illegal “elections” and so-called “inauguration” - another manifestation of the annexation policy of Armenia
Azerbaijan's letter to the UN Secretary General regarding Pashinyan's visit to Nagorno-Karabakh circulated as UN document
Deputy: “Activity of Azerbaijani Community of Nagorno Garabagh irritates the opposite side”
Azerbaijani Community of Nagorno Garabagh releases statement on the 28th anniversary of occupation of Lachyn
Azerbaijani MFA releases statement on the 28th anniversary of the occupation of the Lachyn district
Russia produces almost 9 million masks daily
Ukraine confirms over 24,000 coronavirus cases
Russia has not made any decisions on opening borders for foreigners yet, says Kremlin
Infectiologist Vasif Aliyev: “I think coronavirus infection rate will reach peak level in middle of June”
China says U.S. 'addicted to quitting' over plan to withdraw from WHO
Putin not in self-isolation amid COVID-19 pandemic, works actively, Kremlin says
UK hopes latest EU talks will keep process on track, says PM's spokesman
Number of coronavirus tests conducted in Azerbaijan surpass 300,000
Number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Azerbaijan reach 5662, with 3508 recoveries and 68 deaths
Azerbaijan documents 168 fresh coronavirus cases, 80 recoveries, 5 deaths
Facebook, Snapchat join chorus of companies condemning George Floyd death, racism
Journalists injured covering protests across US
Coronavirus death toll in US exceeds 106 thousand
Employee of Azerbaijani prosecutor’s office tests positive for COVID-19
Azerbaijani President congratulates his Italian counterpart
Date to hold nationwide vote on changes to Russia's constitution determined
England start reopening schools
Agenda of meeting of Azerbaijani Parliament scheduled for tomorrow unveiled
New appointments made in Administrative office of Cabinet of Ministers of Azerbaijan
State Migration Service addresses to foreigners and stateless persons whose staying period in Azerbaijan expires on June 01-15
4 died from Ebola in Democratic Republic of Congo
Online queue system to be established for barbershops and beauty salons in Azerbaijan
Amir of Kuwait congratulates Azerbaijani President
Culture and Fine Arts Fund named after Nazim Hikmet established in Moscow
China calls on international community to boost financial support for WHO as US cuts ties with organisation
Number of Armenian servicemen, died in occupied Azerbaijani territories last year, disclosed
CBA grants grace period to two banks for improvement of capital
UK is following scientific advice on cautious lockdown easing, minister says
Time of Eid al-Adha in Azerbaijan announced
CMO: Muharram month to start on August 21 in Azerbaijan
Chief Epidemiologist of Azerbaijan addresses to citizens
Azerbaijani customs officers prevented an attempt to send 281 kg of heroin Iran to Austria
Russia to roll out its first approved COVID-19 drug next week
Lukashenko: "There will be no maidans in Belarus"
Prosecutor of Azerbaijan’s Neftchala dismissed, new appointments reported
Azercell provides more than 1000 children with free codes and numbers to access language learning app
Baku public transport not to serve for passengers without face masks
Azerbaijan Air Force aircraft conducted live-fire flight-tactical exercises - VIDEO
Lebanese President congratulates Azerbaijani President on Republic Day
81 people died of coronavirus in Iran in past day
Kremlin: Moscow never interfered in US’ internal affairs
43 people test positive for coronavirus in occupied Azerbaijani territories
South Africa partly lifts lockdown to try to fix battered economy
Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman: "Iranian scientist in US jail to return home this week"
PFL announces schedule of postponed rounds of the Azerbaijani Premier League
The funds received by the Armed Forces Relief Fund until June 1 announced
Fines for violation of requirements of use of mask during quarantine period being determined
Japan parliament to debate second extra budget for pandemic relief next week
TABIB: Immune plasma transplanted from 9 donors to 15 coronavirus patients in serious condition for 21 times
Initiated by Asian Development Bank, videoconference between President Ilham Aliyev and the bank’s senior executives held
Azerbaijani MP suggests to establish shelters for beggars
Azerbaijan commemorates Khojaly genocide - PHOTOSESSION
14 years pass since establishment of the Ministry of Emergency Situations: They always come to your aid in any difficult moments - PHOTOSESSION - VIDEO
First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva attended opening ceremony of rebuilt Azerbaijan pavilion at Exhibition of Achievements of National Economy in Moscow - UPDATED
Open Doors Day and the military oath-taking ceremony were held on the occasion of the State Flag Day
Restriction imposed on entry into and exit from Azerbaijan via land and air ways extended until June 15