- Nagorno Garabagh
Azerbaijani FM: If Russia engages in Karabakh conflict settlement with all seriousness, Armenian troopsâ€™ withdrawal from occupied lands will be ensured
APA Agency has had an exclusive interview with Foreign Minister of Azerbaijan Elmar Mammadyarov
- Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov believes the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is not an internal affair of Azerbaijan. What do you think of it?
- I’d like to note that the whole international community recognizes and supports the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Azerbaijan. With regard to the peace process, the negotiations mediated by the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs, is an international platform for the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict based on the norms and principles of international law. In connection with the settlement of the conflict, international organizations have adopted numerous decisions and resolutions based on the norms and principles of international law.
The most important documents on the resolution of conflict are four resolutions of the United Nations Security Council Resolutions - 822 (1993), 853 (1993), 874 (1993), 884 (1993), which condemn in a strong manner the use of force against Azerbaijan and the occupation of its territories. The resolutions also reaffirm the UN Security Council’s respect for the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Azerbaijan, reconfirm Nagorno-Karabakh an integral part of Azerbaijan and demand the immediate, complete and unconditional withdrawal of occupying forces from all occupied territories of Azerbaijan.
- The Russian foreign minister touched upon the issue of the status of Nagorno-Karabakh as well. What can you say about these views?
- In his latest interview to Sputnik news agency, the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Mr. Ilham Aliyev once again clarified the issue of Nagorno-Karabakh’s status. The President stated that there can be no compromise on Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity, however, a compromise is possible on matters of local self-rule of Nagorno-Karabakh. If we agree, Nagorno-Karabakh can become an autonomous republic in the future.
- Sergey Lavrov also underlines Russia’s role in achieving a ceasefire during the April battles.
- The April battles and the armed incident that took place at the Armenia-Azerbaijan border on December 29, 2016 once again demonstrated that the presence of Armenian troops in the occupied Azerbaijani territories remains the main source of tension in the region. The OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs have repeatedly declared at the level of heads of state that the status quo is unacceptable and unsustainable. Azerbaijan commends Russia’s efforts to achieve a ceasefire during the Moscow meeting held on April 5 last year at the level of chiefs of the General Staff of the Armenia and Azerbaijan Armed Forces. However, the April escalation once again demonstrated that Russia, as an OSCE Minsk Group co-chair country and a neighboring country, should intensify its efforts for soonest resolution of the conflict. I remain fully assured that if Russia engages in this issue with all seriousness, the status quo will change, stability will be restored in the region and the withdrawal of Armenian troops from the occupied Azerbaijani territories will be ensured.
- What can you say about the comments by the Russia foreign minister on the issue of releasing blogger Alexander Lapshin?
- This issue should be addressed only within the legal framework. In accordance with the Criminal Code of the Republic of Azerbaijan, a criminal case has been initiated against Lapshin, who illegally crossed the state border of Azerbaijan and demonstrated disrespect to the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Azerbaijan. Lapshin has been put on Interpol’s wanted list. All relevant documents have been submitted for the extradition of Lapshin, who was detained in Belarus in accordance with the Chisinau Convention of 2002 on the legal assistance and legal relations on civil, family and criminal cases. I believe Russia’s law-enforcement authorities would have taken similar steps in respect of a person who committed a similar action in relation to Russia and illegally crossed its state border.
Tural Ganjaliyev: “We have sent protest letter to members of Canadian parliament”
Polad Bulbuloglu: "We expect support from the co-chair countries in resolution of the conflict"
Two Azerbaijanis recorded video in Yerevan: Armenian special services, you can't work! - VIDEO
Deputy: “Activity of Azerbaijani Community of Nagorno Garabagh irritates the opposite side”
Bill expanding sanctions against Nord Stream 2 presented to US Senate
Premier League agrees temporary change to substitute rules
NBA ready to resume after months out of action
YouTuber charged with criminal trespass and unlawful assembly
Portugal economy to contract 6.9% this year, prime minister says
Face coverings will be mandatory on England's public transport starting June 15
Azerbaijani President: "We are currently working hard on renewable energy"
Head of State: "Thanks to the measures Azerbaijan took in a timely manner, our losses are minimal"
Iran frees American held since 2018, U.S. allows Iranian American to Iran
Russia is playing vital role in Vaccine Alliance — British embassy
Germany rebuffs gasoline auto lobby with radical electric plan
UK business minister Alok Sharma tests negative for COVID-19
Russia’s Irkutsk to host earlier postponed 2020 World Bandy Championship in October
Moscow will lift most COVID-19 restrictions by July 1, mayor says
Iran fears second wave after surge in cases
US Navy veteran freed from Iran
Turkey reports 988 new COVID-19 cases, 21 deaths in past day
Italy records 88 new coronavirus deaths on Thursday, 177 new cases
Defense Ministry deploys field hospital to Transbaikal Region on Putin’s orders
No provocative event recorded in Keshikchidag, Azerbaijan's SBS says
Baku transport agency suspends operation from 00:00 on 6 June 2020 to 06:00 on 8 June 2020
Baku metro suspends operation from 00:00 on 6 June 2020 to 06:00 on 8 June 2020
Moscow mayor expects travel industry to fully recover in 2021
Baku to host in December postponed 2020 European Championships in Artistic Gymnastics
Japan considering 'simplified' Olympics
Ukraine may grant visa-free access to citizens of China, Australia, Arab states to boost tourism
TABIB: Serological tests to be conducted soon in Azerbaijan
Russian MFA: No fundamental progress in settlement of Nagorno Garabagh conflict
WHO: Azerbaijan is exemplary country in fight against coronavirus
Azerbaijan prepares rules on international flights
Task Force: Resumption of internal flights in upcoming days is on agenda
Task Force: International flights may be postponed until July 1
WHO Director-General: “COVID-19 challenges our achievements”
Task Force: Epidemiological process concerns us
All markets and pharmacies to be closed in Baku, Sumgait, Ganja and Absheron on weekend
TABIB chairman: "Long-term lockdowns may yield more positive results"
WHO: “Result of strict quarantine regime to be known in 10-14 days”
Hande Harmanci: “The virus will be with us for a long time”
Task Force: If statistical data develop in negative direction, we may resort to long-term lockdowns
Task Force: There is no problem regarding medical mask supply in Azerbaijan
TABIB: Non-wearing of masks in public transport is unacceptable
TABIB’s Chair: “It is not a second wave”
Azerbaijan plans to restrict movement at weekends and holidays in the future, Task Force says
Ramin Bayramli: “Task Force’s decision is related to the second stage of pandemics”
Azerbaijan’s airports to remain closed this month for regular passenger flights
Azerbaijan Air Force aircraft conducted live-fire flight-tactical exercises - VIDEO
Bear comes to center of Azerbaijan’s Sheki City, residents cautioned - VIDEO
Paris citizens enjoy city parks as they reopen amid eased COVID-19 lockdown - VIDEO
Largest electric aircraft completes successful flight - VIDEO
Azerbaijani MP suggests to establish shelters for beggars
Azerbaijan commemorates Khojaly genocide - PHOTOSESSION
Open Doors Day and the military oath-taking ceremony were held on the occasion of the State Flag Day
Azerbaijan's TABIB: Our appeal regarding full prohibition of going out in street on weekend accepted
Limited number citizens to be allowed to leave home with SMS permission at weekend in Azerbaijan