- Nagorno Garabagh
Azerbaijani MFA comments on Armenian presidentâ€™s congratulatory message to illegal regime in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry Spokesman Hikmat Hajiyev has commented on the Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan’s congratulatory message addressed to the illegal regime established in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan.
The fact that the Armenian president in his message proudly quotes Monte Melkonyan, who was a member of the Armenian terrorist organization ASALA and involved in the murder of tens of civilians, proves the true essence of the Armenian government and of the aggressive separatist movement that began in Azerbaijan’s Nagorno-Karabakh region in late 1980s, Hajiyev told APA.
He noted that the Armenian leader, who first appeared as field commanders alongside terrorist Monte Melkonyan and who still adheres to this thinking, presents results of terror against Azerbaijan, military aggression, bloody ethnic cleansing, war crimes and criminal acts against humanity as "a success".
“Instead of deceiving itself and the Armenian people, Armenia's military dictatorship should recognize the aggressive Armenian separatism, which began in the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan, and the military occupation of Azerbaijani territories as the reason behind Armenia's current strategic failure,” the spokesman added.
– The temporary and tactical occupation of the Azerbaijani territories by Armenia has resulted in Armenia’s geopolitical and geo-economic isolation and strategic defeat, leaving it out of regional projects and depleting its political, military, economic, social and demographic resources. Furthermore, this situation has cast doubt on Armenia’s existence as a sovereign state;
– The whole world community, except Armenia, recognizes and supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and sovereignty within its internationally recognized borders. This position is enshrined in relevant resolutions of the UN Security Council, statements, resolutions and decisions of the OSCE, Organization of Islamic Cooperation, Council of Europe, European Union, NATO, Non-Aligned Movement and other international organizations, as well as in statements and binary documents of other states;
– Armenia’s attempts to politicize the military occupation of Azerbaijani territories and legitimize the occupation by fraudulent self-determination have failed. The international community has never recognized and will never recognize the consequences of Armenia’s military occupation of Azerbaijani territories through the use of force;
– The OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs and the whole international community consider the occupation-based status quo unacceptable and unsustainable and demand its change. Changing the status quo, first of all, envisages the elimination of the fact of occupation;
– The political and legal framework for a phased solution to the conflict is known to the entire international community. This envisages the withdrawal of Armenian troops from the occupied Azerbaijani territories, ensuring the territorial integrity and sovereignity of Azerbaijan within its internationally recognized borders, the return of Azerbaijani refugees and IDPs, including the Azerbaijani community of Nagorno-Karabakh to their native lands and the coexistence of the Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh within Azerbaijan’s borders. This is based on the norms and principles of international law, as well as the relevant resolutions of the UN Security Council and the Helsinki Final Act.
– Armenia’s aggression against Azerbaijan, the policy of occupation and ethnic cleansing, as well as the terrorist acts committed against Azerbaijani civilians by Armenia at the state level, military crimes and crimes against humanity exposed the Armenian lies and undermined Armenia’s image as a state.
According to Hajiyev, the sooner the Armenian leadership realizes this reality and puts an end to the occupation of Azerbaijani territories, the sooner lasting peace and stability will be established in the region and the Armenian population will be able to benefit the opportunities of regional cooperation.
Tural Ganjaliyev: “We have sent protest letter to members of Canadian parliament”
Committee chairperson of Milli Majlis: “34 children were victims of Armenian terrorism during ceasefire period”
Tural Ganjaliyev: "We promote peaceful coexistence and development of both communities in the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan"
Polad Bulbuloglu: "We expect support from the co-chair countries in resolution of the conflict"
Pompeo: “United States remains strongly committed to peaceful resolution of Nagorno Garabagh conflict”
Aybaniz Ismayilova: “We call on Germany to increase its efforts for restoration of territorial integrity of Azerbaijan”
Chairman of Azerbaijani community of Nagorno Garabagh: “These games of Armenia’s political leadership will remain futile”
Head of the Azerbaijani community of the Nagorno-Karabakh: Justice is on our side and, unlike the Armenians, we are ready for peace
Azerbaijan’s MFA: The fact that the aggressor country speaks about peace in its statements is the highest degree of hypocrisy
Two Azerbaijanis recorded video in Yerevan: Armenian special services, you can't work! - VIDEO
Tural Ganjaliyev issues statement regarding so called “oath taking” ceremony to be held in Azerbaijan’s Shusha City
Azerbaijan’s MFA: Holding illegal “elections” and so-called “inauguration” - another manifestation of the annexation policy of Armenia
Azerbaijan's letter to the UN Secretary General regarding Pashinyan's visit to Nagorno-Karabakh circulated as UN document
Deputy: “Activity of Azerbaijani Community of Nagorno Garabagh irritates the opposite side”
Azerbaijani Community of Nagorno Garabagh releases statement on the 28th anniversary of occupation of Lachyn
Azerbaijani MFA releases statement on the 28th anniversary of the occupation of the Lachyn district
Senegal postpones school restart after teachers test positive for COVID-19
Husband of woman, tested positive for coronavirus, attacked doctor staff and police with fork in Azerbaijan's Samukh
Indonesia cancels haj pilgrimage over coronavirus concerns
Azerbaijani Parliament discusses previous year’s state budget
Turkey orders ammunition from Russia worth to USD 1 bln.
Trump threatens to send in army to end unrest
64 people die of coronavirus in Iran over the past 24 hours
Monument erected Arif Melikov
Acquitted Iranian scientist leaves US for Iran
Date of Grand Prix 8 in Formula-1 clarified
Taliban Chief Mullah Hibatullah Akhundzada may have died of coronavirus
Turkey's exports hit $10B in May
Russia’s Defense Ministry selects volunteers for coronavirus vaccine tests
Next meeting of extraordinary session of Azerbaijani Parliament to be held on June 5
OPEC+ comes up with a three-month extension
Individuals, who do not use mask, to be fined in the amount of AZN 50, the senior officials AZN 100, legal entities AZN 200- AMOUNT
Tural Ganjaliyev: “We have sent protest letter to members of Canadian parliament”
AZN 6 mln allocated for installation of modern lighting systems in Sumgayit
Russia's coronavirus death toll exceeds 5 thousand
Turkey "neutralizes" 6 YPG/PKK terrorists in Operation Peace Spring zone
NASA warns about ‘potentially dangerous’ asteroid approaching Earth
Price of Azeri Light oil increases
Meeting of Azerbaijani Parliament starts
Armenia reports 517 new coronavirus cases, 19 deaths in a day
French economy to contract by 11% in 2020 - FORECAST
Azerbaijani MFA congratulates Italy on the occasion of Republic Day
Kyrgyzstan announces 28 new cases of coronavirus, 1,845 in total
Baku police fines owners and customers of gaming halls which violate quarantine regime requirements
Georgia’s coronavirus cases reach 796
New Zealand may remove all virus restriction next week
Oil prices increase again
Australian PM accepts G7 invitation during call with Trump
MoD: Armenia violated ceasefire 24 times throughout the day
UK reportedly ready for consensus in post-Brexit trade talks if EU "moves too"
Brazil's coronavirus death toll nears 30,000
Coronavirus pandemic to reduce US GDP by almost $16 trln over next decade, Budget Office says
Venezuela's Maduro says he will visit Iran soon, sign agreements
George Floyd protests hit US capital for fourth day
Oil prices inch up ahead of OPEC+ meeting on extended output cuts
Trump administration shelves more oil and gas lease sales
Independent autopsy: Floyd died from 'asphyxiation'
Worker in Netanyahu's office diagnosed with COVID-19
A curfew for New York City will start at 11 p.m. on Monday
Turkey reported a total of 827 new cases, bringing the infection tally to 164,769
Zimbabwe summons U.S. ambassador over comments on Floyd protests
Washington to deploy additional 'federal assets' across US as George Floyd riots continue
WHO pushes to keep ties with 'generous' U.S. despite Trump's exit move
US, Russian presidents talk over phone on G7 summit
Pompeo says U.S. considering welcoming Hong Kong people, entrepreneurs
Russia produces almost 9 million masks daily
Azerbaijani MP suggests to establish shelters for beggars
Azerbaijan commemorates Khojaly genocide - PHOTOSESSION
14 years pass since establishment of the Ministry of Emergency Situations: They always come to your aid in any difficult moments - PHOTOSESSION - VIDEO
First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva attended opening ceremony of rebuilt Azerbaijan pavilion at Exhibition of Achievements of National Economy in Moscow - UPDATED
Open Doors Day and the military oath-taking ceremony were held on the occasion of the State Flag Day
Restriction imposed on entry into and exit from Azerbaijan via land and air ways extended until June 15