Azerbaijani Deputy Defense Minister: “We never violate ceasefire” - INTERVIEW
ONA’s interview with Deputy Defense Minister of Azerbaijan, Lieutenant-General Karim Valiyev, who took part in the 8th Moscow Conference of International Security in Russia
- OSCE’s latest annual report notes that the tensions on the contact line between the Azerbaijani and Armenian troops have dropped significantly. In the statements of the Defense Ministry, we can see that the ceasefire violations are declining. What this is related to?
- This happened after the meeting of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief with the Prime Minister of Armenia. Of course, we never violate the ceasefire. The ceasefire is violated by the opposite side, and we respond adequately. Now, the ceasefire violations have declined following the instruction of the other side’s leadership. After that, the tensions on the contact line between the troops have dropped.
- It was announced that at the latest meeting of the foreign ministers of Azerbaijan and Armenia in Moscow there were agreements on humanitarian cooperation. What can you say about this?
- This is an intention. This is, of course, possible if a mechanism is discussed in detail and implemented.
- What can you say about the current state and combat preparedness of our Army?
- The combat preparedness of our Army is at a high level. The Azerbaijani army is currently capable of fulfilling all its tasks. The Supreme Commander-in-Chief and the Ministry of Defence pay great attention to the capacity and the combat capability of the army. The situation in the army is being improved, by regular checking of combat readiness, implementing planned and purposeful programs, high level of moral-psychological preparation, procurement activities and other important issues. The Ministry of Defence pays great attention to the improvement of professionalism of the staff. We take action in complementation of the staff of the Army. Both advanced officers and warrant and non-commissioned officers’ staff are the fundamental force of the Army.
- How do you evaluate the level of military cooperation between Azerbaijan and Russia?
- The level of cooperation between the two countries is high. It is developed in different directions. First of all, the military-technical cooperation between Azerbaijan and Russia is highly developing. Another direction of the cooperation that is also important for us is collaboration in military educational sphere. Azerbaijan is participating in Army games organized by Russia every year. “Sea Cup” competition that is included in the games is organized at the Azerbaijan part of the Caspian Sea. This year our military servicemen will participate at the “Spasskaya Bashnya” project. Shortly, the military cooperation between the two countries is expanding.
International expert: "The end of the INF Treaty is unlikely to fuel an "arms race" involving nuclear-armed missiles of INF range"
Fuad Abbasov explains the real reason for his detention - Exclusive interview of Journalist to ONA
Maroš Šefčovič: “I have no doubts that the current support to SGC will be upheld by the next Commission” - Interview
Israeli Ambassador: "The Golan Heights should be put on a back burner, until the situation in Syria will stabilize, and peace will prevail" - INTERVIEW
Ambassador: Kashmir conflict is not just a political and territorial issue, it is also a human rights issue - INTERVIEW
Elmar Mammadyarov: “Those who don't reach agreement with me, will have to reach agreement with Zakir Hasanov” - INTERVIEW
Expert: Arab states say publicly does not necessarily mean what they say privately - INTERVIEW
Ambassador: “Hungary is one of staunchest supporters of development of Azerbaijan-EU relations” - INTERVIEW
What happened in Ganja: Terror against State, Secularism, Religion and Stability - ANALYSIS
Political analyst: Constructive negotiations impossible with a dilettante and hard-line nationalist like Pashinyan
Southern Gas Corridor: Azerbaijan has transformed from USSRâ€™s â€˜backyardâ€™ to worldâ€™s â€˜main roadâ€™ - ANALYSIS
PACEâ€™s proposal to Samad Seyidov: â€˜admit all and we will leave you aloneâ€ - ANALYSIS
Criteria for â€˜Index of Sympathy for Americansâ€™: Numbers of Muslims, refugees and IS militants - ANALYSIS
Such ill-mannered attitude towards Turkey â€˜unacceptableâ€™ - Azerbaijani MP
Turkey to activate S-400 missile defense systems
Washington hosts “Contract of the Century: Building on 25 Years of Success” forum
Trump mulls new trade probe to justify EU tariffs
Today process of registration of candidates in municipal elections comes to an end in Azerbaijan
Two US airmen killed in aircraft Mishap in Oklahoma
Pelosi says evidence is clear: Trump used office for personal gain
First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva visited Gymnastics Center in Luzhniki Olympic Complex
First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with Chairman of Russian Government Dmitry Medvedev
Israel PM Netanyahu charged with corruption
Colombian protesters hold national strike against government in Bogota
Seized Ukrainian ships return from Russia
German exports to United States jump in third quarter despite trade tensions
Armenian Football Federation chairman announces resignation
Azerbaijani MFA: Pashinyan has to confirm that he is a democrat and end occupation of the territories of Azerbaijan
Two killed and 38 wounded in Baghdad protests
Fire in Kazakhstan: 32, including kids, evacuated
Kremlin confident in Serbia relations despite video of spy cash exchange
Zakharova: "Peace settlement plan of Nagorno Garabagh conflict should imply the right of all IDPs and refugees to come back to their former places of residence"
Iran begins reconnecting internet after shutdown over protests
ECB may lower bar for bank mergers but not green finance
Trump says he will release "financial statement" before 2020 election
Azerbaijani First Vice President to meet with Russian President
Ombudsman to be replaced in Azerbaijan, three persons’ candidacy put forward - LIST
President awarded Mahir Aslanov the Order “For Service to the Motherland”
Azerbaijani President receives Bulgarian Interior Minister
Russia’s Deputy PM: Nord Stream 2 to start operations in mid-2020
Russian security chief talks anti-terror efforts with Afghan counterpart
Professor found dead at house in Baku
Roofs of multi-apartment buildings in Sumgait to be replaced
New ASAN service center to be built in Sumgait
Criminal case launched on students’ poisoning case in Baku - OFFİCİAL
President awarded Zakir Farajov the Order “For Service to the Motherland” of first degree
Facebook's Zuckerberg had "secret" meeting with Trump at White House
First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva visits tomb of unknown soldier in Moscow
Turkish Naval Forces delegation pays a visit to Baku
President Ilham Aliyev inaugurated Sumgayit Mugham Center
Three students poisoned in Azerbaijan, one died - NAMES - UPDATED
President Ilham Aliyev inaugurated new building of Nizami cinema in Sumgayit
North Korea says "not right time" for Kim to attend South Korea ASEAN summit
President Ilham Aliyev viewed conditions created at newly built part of Sumgait Boulevard Complex
Germany fines BMW, Daimler, Volkswagen for forming steel cartel
Chief Physician of Clinical Medical Center: "Poisoned students are in a depressed case "
President Ilham Aliyev attended event marking 70th anniversary of Sumgayit
US Vice-President: "Message is clear: the American people stand with the people of Iran"
President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Sumgayit for visit
British Airways flights delayed by technical issues
Pope, in Thailand, calls for action to safeguard women, children
Turkey: "Never used banned arms in N. Syria operation"
Prime Minister of Azerbaijan to take part in the first investment summit of the EBRD EaP
China says it will strive to reach 'phase one' trade deal with U.S.
Rocket and artillery units conducted live-fire training - PHOTO - VIDEO
People pour onto streets of Edinburgh, Scotland to protest in support of independence - VIDEO
Deputy Chairman of State Committee: “Azerbaijan’s Armed Forces are among strongest armies of the world” - VIDEO
UK PM Johnson addresses Parliament on new Brexit proposal - VIDEO
Azerbaijani President and first lady inaugurated Koroglu Transport Exchange Center of Baku Transport Agency - UPDATED
Mariya Stadnik secures World Champion title after 10 years - PHOTOSESSİON
First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva viewed conditions created at newly-built park in Kurdakhani - UPDATED
Command and Staff Exercises began in the Azerbaijan Army
Days of Azerbaijani Culture open in Cannes organized by the Heydar Aliyev Foundation - PHOTOSESSION
Valdai. Garabagh is Azerbaijan! – SPECİAL REPORTAGE
Azerbaijan’s Ambassador to Estonia met with Head of Estonia-Azerbaijan parliamentary group
Knifeman kills four police officers in Paris