AZAL opens sale for special Baku-London-Baku flights
- 07 July 2020
July 7, 2020, Baku - From July 16 to August 27, the national air carrier of Azerbaijan will perform special flights on the Baku-London-Baku route. Flights are scheduled to be performed once a week (on Thursdays).
Tickets for this route will be sold subject to special conditions. Only passengers entitled to enter the UK can fly on the Baku-London flight. In addition, according to the new rules of this country, online application form available at https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk must be completed within 48 hours before departure. If no form is completed within the specified time, migration officials of the London Heathrow
Airport can fine a passenger for £100. Citizens of Azerbaijan and other states holding a permit for permanent residence in the Republic of Azerbaijan are allowed on board the London-Baku flights.
Flight tickets can be purchased on the official website of the airline - www.azal.az. Azerbaijani students studying abroad can take advantage of a 30% discount when purchasing tickets.
To recap, only passengers who have been tested for coronavirus (COVID-19) will be allowed to board the flights. List of laboratories accredited by the Management Union of the Medical Territorial Unit (TABIB) where passengers can be tested for COVID-19 without a doctor’s appointment:
- Referans Clinical Laboratory Centre;
- Leyla Medical Centre;
- Memorial Clinic;
- Bona Dea International Hospital;
- Inci Laboratories;
- Center for Control of Particularly Dangerous Infections;
- Caspian International Hospital;
The COVID-19 test in the UK can be passed at private clinics, hospitals and pharmacies in the city of stay, or at one of the following London clinics and pharmacies:
- Sherlock Holmes Pharmacy -
- Walkin Clinic - https://walkin-clinic.co.uk/blood-tests/covid19-testing
- London Doctors Clinic - https://www.londondoctorsclinic.co.uk/services/private-coronavirus-test/
- Private Harley Street Clinic - https://privateharleystreetclinic.com/products/covid-19-test
In both cases, passengers must receive a certificate of negative COVID-19 test results within 48 hours before the scheduled flight departure.