Fire breaks out in residential building in Azerbaijan’s Shabran, some poisoned by carbon monoxide - UPDATED-1

Fire breaks out in residential building in Azerbaijan’s Shabran, some poisoned by carbon monoxide - <span class=UPDATED-1'>
# 20 August 2019 17:05 (UTC +04:00)

Two of the people injured during incident occurred in Shabran are being treated in the hospital, the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Azerbaijan told APA.

Other five injured have been released home for outpatient treatment. The people, treated in the hospital, are 30- and 42-year-old women. 

***13:01

Due to the fire in Shabran, 7 people were taken to the hospital.

The Ministry of Health told APA that a 51-year-old man with a cut wound on his right foot, a 29-year-old man, and women aged 16, 42, 35, 24, and 30 years old with stress and exposed to carbon monoxide poisoning came to the hospital.

Of these, 2 people were placed in the operating room, and 5 people in intensive care.

Their condition is assessed as moderate.

***12:28

A fire has broken out in a 4-storeyed residential building in Azerbaijan's Shabran, APA’s local bureau reports.

Firefighter vehicle and workers of the Shabran district Fire Protection Unit of the State Fire Protection Service have been involved in the site.

Three emergency medical services of the Shabran Central District Hospital are on the scene. Residents of the building have been evacuated.

According to the preliminary information, the fire broke out in electric switch-board of the building.

#
#

THE OPERATION IS BEING PERFORMED