At least 13 civilians were killed and 42 more were wounded in separate roadside bomb blasts in Zabul and Parwan provinces, Ministry of Interior and officials said, APA reports citing Tolonews.
In Zabul, 11 civilians were killed and 28 more were wounded in a roadside bomb blast that targeted a passenger’s bus in Shahr-e-Safa district in the province on Sunday evening, Interior Ministry said in a statement on Monday.
The blast happened in Muskan Camp area in the district after a bus was targeted by a roadside bomb, the ministry said, adding that “the bomb was placed by the Taliban.”
Taliban has not commented on the blast.
Meanwhile, two civilians were killed and nine more were wounded in a roadside bomb blast that targeted a bus in Pul-e-Matak area in Parwan province on Monday morning, health officials said.
“The wounded were taken to nearby hospital,” said Dr. Qasim Sangin, head of Parwan hospital. “Women and children are among the wounded.”
Five people were wounded in a blast in the area when people had gathered there after the first blast, Sangin said, adding that "three of the wounded are in critical condition."
Security officials have have not commented on the incident.
No group including the Taliban has so far claimed responsibility for the blast.
At least 11 people were killed and dozens injured in the bombing of a bus in Afghanistan's southern Zabul province, officials said on Monday, APA reports quoting Reuters.
The blast took place late on Sunday night, said Zabul's provincial governor's spokesman Gul Islam Sial, adding 25 people were injured including women and children who were in critical condition.
Violence in the country has been rising sharply in recent weeks after the United States announced it would withdraw troops by Sept. 11. The insurgent Taliban announced late on Sunday they would declare a three-day ceasefire for the religious holiday of Eid-ul-Fitr later this week.