Out brave army under the leadership of Supreme Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev are confidently advancing towards glorious victory by liberating from occupation our lands. In these historic days, the Azerbaijani banking community as always stands by our Army, our state, the Azerbaijani Banks’ Association told APA.
The Azerbaijani banks have always approached with special attention and respect our heroes fighting for our country’s territorial integrity, members of families of our Martyrs who sacrificed their life for the sake of Motherland and this attitude will continue forever.
In order to support our military servicemen and our citizens who sustained damage as a result of the enemy provocation, by recommendation of the Central Bank of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the member banks of the Azerbaijani Banks’ Association unanimously adopted the following decisions:
1. The consumer credits and the interests accrued onto it and other payments indebted to banks by our military servicemen martyred in battles for the sake of liberation of our lands should be written off in full volume;
2. Consumer loans to banks and interest and other payments to our civilians who lost their lives as a result of enemy provocations should be written off in full;
3. To suspend the calculation of interest and other payments on credit obligations of servicemen wounded during military operations to banks from September 27, 2020;
4. To pay in the amount of the martyr's annual salary to the families of the bank employees martyred in the battles for liberating the lands
5. To pay one-time financial assistance in the amount of his three-month salary to bank employees injured in the battles for the liberation of our lands.
Taking into account that martial law was declared in the country, the information about the persons mobilized to the front, injured in the combat region is confidential. Banks also do not have information about this. Therefore additional information about the customers is known to banks only when they are in contact with them regarding their loan obligations and banks make relevant entries to take into account the customer's credit history: “Currently, there are no requirements for the implementation of credit obligations of this category of persons, and credit histories are not deteriorated.”