Following a thorough assessment of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the subsequent recommendations made by the FIFA-Confederations COVID-19 Working Group, the Bureau of the FIFA Council has taken some decisions in relation to FIFA events, APA-Sport reports.
These are following:
1. to confirm the following proposed new tournament dates, subject to further monitoring:
- FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup Costa Rica/Panama 2020™: 20 January – 6 February 2021 (tournament to keep original eligibility criteria: players born on or after 1 January 2000 and on or before 31 December 2004);
- FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup India 2020™: 17 February – 7 March 2021 (tournament to keep original eligibility criteria: players born on or after 1 January 2003 and on or before 31 December 2005);
- FIFA Futsal World Cup Lithuania 2020™: 12 September – 3 October 2021;
2. to hold the 70th FIFA Congress, which was originally due to take place in Addis Ababa, as an online event on 18 September 2020.