Interview of Turkish Ambassador to Azerbaijan Erkan Ozoral to APA TV
- Mr. Ambassador, your meeting with the President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev took place today. We would like you to share your impressions of this meeting with us.
- A farewell meeting was held with President Ilham Aliyev on the occasion of the completion of my activities in Azerbaijan. I express gratitude to him that accepted me. At that meeting, he awarded me the Order of Friendship of Azerbaijan. I thank for that. At the same time, I am proud that the President of Azerbaijan gave me this order. This is great happiness.
- What will be your recommendations to the newly appointed Ambassador of the Republic of Turkey to Azerbaijan as a colleague working in Azerbaijan?
- The new ambassador is a person who knows Azerbaijan well. Of course, he loves Azerbaijan very much. I am confident that his activity in Azerbaijan will be successful. Because the Azerbaijani state was with all Turkish ambassadors working here. I have always felt this friendship and brotherhood during my activity. Therefore, I can say that our newly appointed ambassador will also represent our country at the highest level. At the same time, I take this opportunity to thank all the people of Azerbaijan, including President Ilham Aliyev, and government officials for their continued support.
- Your activity coincided with the most difficult times in our country. How do you assess these years?
- When I look back for more than 4 years, I remember only wonderful events. And at the end of these years, we have reached the highest peak of Turkish-Azerbaijani relations. This is the 44-day Patriotic War of Azerbaijan. Of course, the war is not without martyrs, and this war was won at the expense of the blood of our martyrs and the lives of our veterans. I say God bless all our brothers who were killed in the war. But let me note that they made the greatest contribution to us, Azerbaijan gained its territorial integrity. And I am very happy to see all this and live here.