The North Korean Foreign Ministry on Tuesday accused Washington of complete disregard of bilateral arrangements "to build new relations" following a recent seizure of a North Korean cargo ship by the US forces, ONA reports citing Sputnik.
"Such attitude of the United States is a continuation of attempts to bring us to our knees with its 'maximum pressure' and completely ignores the basic spirit of the two countries' joint statement of June 12 , which contains an agreement to build new relations between North Korea and the United States", the ministry said in a statement, published by the Korean Central News Agency.
Last week, the US Department of Justice said that the United States seized a vessel, known as Wise Honest, due to what it described as the breach of US and UN sanctions by engaging in illicit coal shipments.
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un and US President Donald Trump met for the second time in Vietnam in February. However, their talks abruptly finished without any declaration or agreement after the parties failed to reach a consensus on what each of them was ready to give up in order to secure the deal.