New rules have come into force in Azerbaijan from today in order to prevent widespread of coronavirus (COVID-19) infection, APA reports.
The term of the special quarantine regime in the country has been extended until 06:00 on December 28, 2020, in accordance with decisio of the Task Force under the Cabinet of Ministers.
However, due to the high dynamics of COVID-19 infection in recent days, it was decided to apply the following restrictions:
- In Sheki, Lankaran, Gakh, Zagatala, Bilasuvar, Jalilabad, Masalli, Ismayilli, Guba, Khachmaz districts, where the strict quarantine regime is applied, the duration of these measures has been extended until 06:00 on December 7, 2020;
- Restrictions on passenger transportation in the Baku metro has been extended until 06:00 on December 28, 2020;
- From 00:00 on November 21, 2020 to 06:00 on December 28, 2020, public transport has been suspended throughout the country on Saturdays and Sundays;
- From 00:00 on November 21, 2020 to 06:00 on December 28, 2020, on-site services has been suspended in all other areas, except for vital activities, including pharmacies and grocery stores;
- From November 21, 2020, during the period of special quarantine regime, the use of medical masks in all indoor and outdoor areas of the country is mandatory. The control regime for the use of masks is tightened.
We would like to remind you that failure to use a medical mask in appropriate places or to wear it in accordance with the required norms creates liability in accordance with the law.
Taking into consideration the sanitary-epidemiological situation in the world as well as in Azerbaijan, it is recommended that people over the age of 65 belonging to the high risk group do not leave their homes unnecessarily.