Azerbaijani-made defense products played key role in destruction of enemy in April, says minister

Azerbaijani-made defense products played key role in destruction of enemy in April, says minister
  • Clock-gray 11:10
  • calendar-gray 17 December 2016

Azerbaijani-made defense products played a key role in the destruction of Armenian military personnel and equipment during the April fighting this year, said Azerbaijani Minister of Defense Industry Yaver Jamalov. 

 

He made the remarks Saturday during an event dedicated to the 11th anniversary of the establishment of the Ministry of Defense Industry.

 

On the night of April 2, all the frontier positions of Azerbaijan were subjected to heavy fire from the Armenian side, which used large-caliber weapons, mortars and grenade launchers. The firing resulted in deaths and injuries among the Azerbaijani population.

 

Azerbaijan responded with a counterattack, which led to liberation of several strategic heights and settlements.

 

Jamalov noted that Azerbaijan’s Defense Industry Ministry is taking the necessary measures to expand the production of ammunition and military equipment, to improve their quality in order to fully equip the country’s army.   

 

“The Azerbaijani Army’s counterattack in response to Armenia’s provocations in early April this year inflicted a devastating blow to Armenians and led to liberation of several strategic heights and settlements,” the minister said, stressed that the April fighting has demonstrated the power of the Azerbaijani Army to the world.

 

Jamalov reminded that during the April fighting the Azerbaijani Army used local-made ammunition and military equipment – anti-tank grenade launchers, mortars, sniper rifles, universal machine guns, AK74M assault rifle, etc.

 

Moreover, the local made modern unmanned aerial vehicles were used in precise detection and destruction of enemy targets, he added.

 

Pointing to a 0.5 increase in the volume of total production of defense products in 2016, the minister said this year 85 percent of the products were manufactured for the purpose of defense while the remaining 15 percent for the purpose of civilian self-defense.

 

He noted that this year Azerbaijan for the first time has started serial production of special-purpose "Yalguzag" sniper rifle, PG-7V grenade for 40 mm anti-tank grenade launcher, military tent UST-56 for 6 and 24 persons, M6 and M12 mine detonators.

 

Jamalov went on to say that the ministry has already started testing machine guns for offensive purpose, automatic grenade launchers, "Istiqlal-1T" sniper rifles, collimators for cold shooting, etc.

 

 

 

 

Other news