Assistant to first vice-president: Azerbaijan is passing through important stage of reforms - INTERVIEW
Head of the Department of Youth Policy and Sport Issues of Presidential Administration, assistant to the first vice-president Yusuf Mammadaliyev’s interview to APA
Yusuf Mammadaliyev was born on January 23, 1979 in Baku.
After finishing the secondary school #134, Yusuf Mammadaliyev was admitted to the faculty of the State and municipal management of the Baku Institute of Social Administration and Political Science. After receiving a bachelor's degree, he continued the education at the Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan. In 2001, having graduated with a diploma of distinction of the faculty of Administrative Management, he received his master's degree on the specialty of the State and Municipal Administration.
In 1997, Yusuf Mammadaliyev started his diplomatic career on his 18 at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as a referent and attache in the Department of International Organizations in 1997-2002.
In 2002-2005, he worked as the Attache of the Permanent Mission of Azerbaijan to the United Nations.
In 2003, under Leila Aliyeva’s leadership he participated in the pre-election campaign of Ilham Aliyev as a part of the youth initiative group under the slogan “Ilhamla Ireli” (Forward With Ilham).
In the years 2005-2009, he worked as the second, and then the first secretary of the Office of Security Problems of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan.
In 2009-2011, he was the First Secretary, Adviser of the Azerbaijani Embassy in Spain.
In 2011-2013 years, he worked as an adviser, later deputy Permanent Representative of Azerbaijan at the Permanent Mission of Azerbaijan to the UN.
He received the diplomatic rank of the First Secretary of the first class for the activities in the process of electing Azerbaijan as a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council on November 14, 2011.
He worked as a head of the department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan from May 1 to December 30, 2013 and received the diplomatic rank of the adviser of the first class.
From January 2014 he continued his activity as an expert at the Heydar Aliyev Foundation and executive director of the Public Association Ä°DEA.
He speaks English, Spanish, Russian and Turkish.
- How do you assess your appointment by the head of state?
- First of all, I would like to note that the structural changes carried out under the order of the president are aimed at ensuring dynamism, flexibility and optimality in the activity of the country's supreme executive body in accordance with the new situation and challenges. Strong presidential institution is undoubtedly a necessary term for stable and sustainable governance. As you know, those appointed as assistants to the president have many years of management experience. The establishment of the Department of Youth Policy and Sport Issues under Administration of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan is aimed at successful implementation of the reforms set up by the president and more effective fulfillment of tasks. I want once again to express my gratitude to Mr. President and state that I would do my best to justify his confidence.
- It was reported that you was appointed as an assistant to the first vice-president as well. Is it true?
- Yes, it's true. Generally, today Azerbaijan is passing through an important stage of reforms. Following the referendum held on September 26, 2016, purposeful measures have been implemented in Azerbaijan for formation of efficient and flexible governance mechanism, strengthening vertical of executive power and executive discipline and improving the economic management mechanism to ensure the effectiveness and consistency of economic reforms. The creation of the post of the first vice-president and Mrs. Mehriban Aliyeva’s appointment as the first vice-president are an important part of these reforms. Mehriban Aliyeva is obviously serving the state and public both as a public figure and President of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation. Her historical and disinterested services are welcomed by every citizen of Azerbaijan, foreign governments and agencies. Thus, I comprehend important obligations and responsibilities of the post of the assistant to the first vice-president.
- Your post has been newly-established. It is interesting to know your opinion about this field and direction. Will any new projects be implemented?
- Youth and sport issues are one of the priorities of the state policy founded by national leader Heydar Aliyev and today successfully continued by President Ilham Aliyev. The state care and attention towards young people is increasing every year. As younger generation is an innovative potential of the country, promotion of their activities, intensive exchange of views with young people, formation of a competitive staff are priority directions. Both mental and physical capabilities of energetic and productive younger generation contribute to economic, cultural and social development in the world's developed countries. Currently, professional environment is becoming younger in all fields in Azerbaijan.
Today, the main objectives of the youth policy in Azerbaijan are achieving high spirit of patriotism among young people, their better education, making them to spend spare time more efficiently, increasing their success in sports and contributing to the solution of their employment, health, social problems.
As a result of the sports policy realized in Azerbaijan, the country has become a venue to conduct prestigious international competitions. We will always support young people and their future children so that they may see their future in the Motherland.
Owing to the creation of such a structure in response to the challenges of the modern world, Azerbaijani youth will achieve success as a result of our activities with the support of the Head of the State and the First Vice-President.
People who have an average monthly salary below the minimum wage will not be able to adopt a child
Ilham Aliyev: "I said it at a venue everyone could hear – there was a live broadcast, it was at a panel meeting of the prestigious Valdai club in Russia, and the whole world could hear that"
Azerbaijani President: "There can be no talk of any compromise with our territorial integrity"
Ali Hasanov: “Those who fail to manage picket with 50 participants how can take the responsibility of people and state?”
Speaker: "Appointment of Ali Asadov as PM will be successful for our country and people"
Ogtay Asadov: "Prime Minister Novruz Mammadov appealed to President Ilham Aliyev in connection with the resignation"
Azerbaijani Parliament to review appointment of Ali Asadov to the post of PM today
First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva: Teaching is a highly respected profession - UPDATED
Ali Ahmadov: “Nagorno Karabakh’s belonging can not be changed with statements of persons, like Pashinyan”
Japan's Ambassador: “Relations between Japan and Azerbaijan develop at high level”
Chairman of the Supreme Court: Number of the lawyers sufficiently increased in Azerbaijan
TURKPA delegation visits Alley of Honor, Alley of Martyrs, and Baku Turkish Martyrs' Memorial
SOCAR to expand its opportunities in Turkey’s gas market
Baku hosts 7th Turkic Council Summit
Price of Azerbaijani oil decreases
Putin to discuss Syria, anti-terrorism efforts, bilateral matters during visit to UAE
Gas prices increase on world markets
MoD: Armenia violated ceasefire 21 times throughout the day
Oil prices continue to decrease
Azerbaijani MFA removed names of the members of the Swiss “Kuhner Foundation" from the "black list"
Turkey 'neutralizes' 595 terrorists in Syria operation
EU mulls new emergency summit to 'get Brexit deal done'
Nigerian police rescue 67 from 'inhuman' conditions at Islamic 'school'
Afghan suspected of killing one, wounding another in Austria knife attacks
Pope’s Security Chief steps down
Youths shine as Turkey draw 1-1 with top France squad in European Qualifiers
Britain reviews all weapons export licenses with Turkey
Markets stable as Trump announces new tariffs on Turkey
Putin, Saudi King discussed military cooperation
Catalonia leaders jailed for sedition by Spanish court
Azercell met with students of regional universities
Syrian government army enters Manbij
President Erdoğan, French counterpart Macron discuss Syria in phone call
ABC News uses Kentucky gun range video to claim Turks ‘slaughtering Kurds’ in Syria
Azerbaijan President Ilham Aliyev meets with First President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev
Saudi Aramco, Russia's TMK signed memorandum of understanding
Turkish FM: "We started operations in N Syria because US has not fulfilled its promise to Turkey"
Mevlud Chavusoglu: "We should not leave Azerbaijan alone in its right struggle"
Turkish FM: "Azerbaijan always supports Turkey"
Google's fight against EU antitrust fine to be heard February 12-14 at EU court
14 policemen killed in attack in Michoacan, Mexico
EU foreign ministers issue statement on Turkeys op in N Syria
Queen outlines government's Brexit plan during state opening
Erdogan criticizes EU and League of Arab States: “We will not give up the steps we have taken”
Typhoon Hagibis death toll rises to 53
Azerbaijani President meets with Hungarian PM
Azerbaijani President meets with Kyrgyz counterpart
Turkey President: “Or Terror organizations made members to NATO which I am not aware of"
Tural Ganjaliyev: “Final “declaration” of “Forum” held in Khankendi contains absurd ideas”
Erdogan: “Turkish and Azerbaijani Turks are able to overcome any obstacle”
Turkish President gratitudes Azerbaijan for support to the Peace Spring op
Turkish President: "As Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said, one nation cannot have two diasporas"
Hungarian PM Viktor Orbán arrives in Azerbaijan
Donald Trump: "Big sanctions on Turkey coming"
First President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev arrives in Azerbaijan
Azerbaijan National Aviation Academy launches new courses on training of mechanics and avionics specialties
Russia’s energy chief says compliance of OPEC+ deal expected at 100% in October
Azerbaijani MFA comments on illegal participation of Konstantin Zatulin in "Forum" held in Khankendi
OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs' regional visit started
“NATO Days” started in Azerbaijan Army
President of Kyrgyzstan arrives in Azerbaijan
President Ilham Aliyev met with President of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan
Arms Control Inspection was conducted in the Combined Arms Army - VIDEO
International inspection team conducted evaluation in the Combined Arms Army - VIDEO
State Security Service: Members of a terrorist organization detained in Azerbaijan- VIDEO
Silk Way will organize annual Caspian Air Cargo Summit in Baku
Azerbaijani President and first lady inaugurated Koroglu Transport Exchange Center of Baku Transport Agency - UPDATED
Mariya Stadnik secures World Champion title after 10 years - PHOTOSESSİON
First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva viewed conditions created at newly-built park in Kurdakhani - UPDATED
Command and Staff Exercises began in the Azerbaijan Army
Days of Azerbaijani Culture open in Cannes organized by the Heydar Aliyev Foundation - PHOTOSESSION
Hungarian PM Viktor Orbán arrives in Azerbaijan
Direct flight between Pakistan and Azerbaijan expected by 2020
Football: Turkey beat Albania 1-0 in Euro 2020 quals