Tonight in the first show of this year’s Eurovision Song Contest, broadcast live from the Globe Arena, 18 countries took part in the first Semi-final in order to qualify for the 10 places available in Saturday's final.
After the performance of all participants the voting was taken. According to the results of voting Azerbaijan, Russia, the Netherlands, Hungary, Croatia, Austria, Armenia, Czech Republic, Cyprus and Malta will take part in the final.
The ten winners will shortly have a press conference where they will also draw their position to be in either the first or second half of the Grand Final.
The first Semi-Final contenders were:
- Finland: Sing It Away sung by Sandhja
- Greece: Utopian Land sung by Argo
- Moldova: Falling Stars sung by Lidia Isac
- Hungary: Pioneer sung by Freddie
- Croatia: Lighthouse sung by Nina KraljiÄ‡
- Netherlands: Slow Down sung by Douwe Bob
- Armenia: LoveWave sung by Iveta Mukuchyan
- San Marino: I Didn't Know sung by Serhat
- Russia: You Are The Only One sung by Sergey Lazarev
- Czech Republic: I Stand sung by Gabriela GunÄíková
- Cyprus: Alter Ego sung by Minus One
- Austria: Loin d'ici sung by ZOË
- Estonia: Play sung by Jüri Pootsmann
- Azerbaijan: Miracle sung by Samra
- Montenegro: The Real Thing sung by Highway
- Iceland: Hear Them Calling sung by Greta Salóme
- Bosnia & Herzegovina: Ljubav Je sung by Dalal, Deen, Ana & Jala
- Malta: Walk on Water sung by Ira Losco
The first Semi-Final concludes
The first ten finalists (beside those already known,Sweden, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and United Kingdom), will take part in the Grand Final of the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest, which takes place on Saturday the 14th of May. Another ten finalists will be chosen in the second Semi-Final on 12th of May.