Coronavirus hits trade fairs, conferences
Over two dozen large trade fairs and industry conferences in China and overseas have been postponed or hit by travel curbs and concerns about the spread of a coronavirus, potentially disrupting billions of dollars worth of deals, APA reports citing Reuters.
In order of scheduled or likely dates:
- Taipei International Book Exhibition, Feb. 4-9 - Billed as Taiwan’s largest annual literary event, the exhibition has been postponed to May 7-12.
- League of Legends Pro League, due to start Feb. 5: The e-sports league owned by gaming giant Tencent Holdings (0700.HK) said it would postpone the start of its second week until further notice.
- Singapore Airshow, Feb 11-16: The aviation leadership summit scheduled on the eve of the event was canceled. The show itself will go ahead as planned, but on a smaller scale
- China Commodity Markets Insight Forum 2020, Feb 19-20: The forum held by S&P Global Platts was delayed until further notice.
- National Association of Travel Agents Singapore (NATAS) travel fair 2020, Feb 21-23: Moved to May because exhibitors were concerned about turnout at the fair.
- Swedish equipment maker Ericsson (ERICb.ST) withdrew from the Feb 24-27 international telecoms conference in Barcelona, becoming the second major exhibitor to pull out after South Korea’s LG Electronics (066570.KS).
- China Iron Ore 2020, Feb. 25-27: The event held by Fastmarkets in Beijing has been postponed to June 30–July 2.
- East China Import and Export Commodity Fair, March 1-4：Due to be held in Shanghai, the fair usually attracts traders of garments and household goods. It was postponed until further notice.
- Marine Money China, March 3-4: Originally slated to be held in Shanghai, organizers of the meeting for shipping financiers have said that it has been delayed, likely until November.
- Food & Hotel Asia in Singapore, March 3-6: Organizers of the biennial trade show have postponed its first leg to July. The event attracted more than 80,000 attendees when it was last held in 2018.
- National People’s Congress, likely to have started March 5: China is considering delaying the annual meeting of its top legislative body, five people familiar with the matter told Reuters.
- 6th China LNG & Gas International Exhibition and Summit, Shanghai, March 4-6: Organizers said the event has been postponed until a later date this year. They are in the process of confirming the new date.
- Asian Ferroalloys, March 16-18: The conference by Fastmarkets, due to be held in Shanghai, has been postponed with no new date given.
- Art Basel Hong Kong show, March 19-21: The high-profile annual show has been canceled.
- SEMICON/FPD China 2020, March 18-30: The annual trade conference for the global chip industry in China was postponed until further notice.
- China Development Forum, usually late March: Hosted by a foundation under the State Council, the conference was postponed until further notice.
- Canton Fair, spring season from April 15: The venue of China’s oldest and biggest trade fair said it has suspended exhibitions until further notice.
Baku police brings 5446 traffic participants to administrative responsibility over violation of special quarantine regime
Number of people, arrested or fined due to violation of special quarantine regime last day, announced
State Road Police: 18,775 attempts of passing through posts with transport facilities prevented during special quarantine regime
10 quarantine regime violators arrested, 3,581 fined over the past day in Azerbaijan
Baku police: So far attempts to pass through road patrol stations without check and permission involving 14,618 vehicles prevented
Azerbaijan’s MIA: Two persons disseminating disinformation agitating people regarding coronavirus detected
Internal Troops involved in measures of strengthening special quarantine regime measures - PHOTO
People, who do not follow rules of special quarantine regime, being found administrative responsible
State Road Police: More than 3 thousand cars, violating rules of quarantine regime, were returned
Police set posts on the auxiliary roads leading to Baku, Suymgait and Absheron - PHOTO
Fatih Terim beats coronavirus and discharged
1,499 drivers violating quarantine regime brought to administrative responsibility in Azerbaijan during past 24 hours
Russia's coronavirus numbers spike by 1,154 in new one-day record
Turkey ‘neutralizes’ 9 YPG/PKK terrorists in N Syria
France's COVID-19 epidemic has not yet peaked, says health minister
Price of Azeri Light oil decreases
New group of Azerbaijani peacekeepers begins its activity in South Sudan
Coronavirus cases in Armenia reach 833
Cabinet Minister Gove: "UK PM Johnson is not on ventilator"
2 life-sentenced convicts released in Azerbaijani over President’s pardon order
Germany's confirmed coronavirus cases rise to 99,225, deaths to 1,607
Trump comments on oil production cut
UN Secretary-General thanks world health care workers
Number of coronavirus cases increases to 195 in Georgia
Trump asks drug companies to assist PM Boris Johnson's recovery
US indictment alleges a number of FIFA executives, including former vice-president Jack Warner, accepted bribes
Thailand reports 38 new coronavirus infections, one death
Singapore closes workplaces in virus fight
Implementation of pardon order in Azerbaijan started
Armenia violated ceasefire 23 times throughout the day
President Ilham Aliyev: The new quarantine rules pursue a goal to prevent the spread of coronavirus in Azerbaijan
Oil prices increase again
President: The infrastructure available in Azerbaijan allows us the opportunity to succeed in organizing the necessary production in a short time
Taliban break off talks with Afghan government on prisoner exchange
President Ilham Aliyev: In the event of an artificial inflation of prices, those involved will be severely punished
Number of coronavirus cases in Kazakhstan reaches 670
President Ilham Aliyev attended opening of medical masks manufacturing enterprise in Sumgayit Chemical Industrial Park - UPDATED-1
Mainland China reports 32 new confirmed cases of coronavirus
Czechs to start easing restrictions as coronavirus infections slow
Oil gains as hopes rise for production cut amid coronavirus outbreak
Trump says OPEC has not asked him for a U.S. oil production cut
Netanyahu declares quarantine across Israel on 7-10 April for Passover holiday eve
Macron calls on Iran to respect nuclear obligations: Elysee
Taliban warns peace deal at risk amid ‘repeated violations’ by US airstrikes
US coronavirus death toll surpasses 10,000
UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson admitted to ICU over worsening COVID-19 symptoms
Turkey confirms 3,148 new cases of coronavirus
Global coronavirus infections top 1.3M
Gunmen kill 25 soldiers in north Mali attack: army spokesman
New York state death toll Reaches 4,758 - Government
Italy death toll from COVID-19 pandemic rises by 636 to 16,523
President Klaus Iohannis: "Romania will extend state of emergency by 30 days"
Iran supreme leader approves tapping sovereign wealth fund to fight coronavirus
UK PM's spokesman says Boris Johnson is not on a ventilator
45 kids infected with Covid-19 in Kazakhstan
Zenit St. Petersburg FC players agree to halve wages amid season shutdown over COVID-19
Russia’s home coronavirus test to cost $16.5
Payments to hired employees to be issued this week in Azerbaijan
Britain committed to continuing talks with EU, says PM's spokesman
Number of coronavirus cases in the Netherlands exceeds 18,000
436 flats allocated for military servicemen in Hovsan residential complex - VIDEO
Instructional video, regarding use rules of SMS permission system, prepared for citizens
Heydar Aliyev Center supports countries, which widely infected with COVID-19 - VIDEO
Heydar Aliyev Foundation starts “Your life is precious! Stay at home, Azerbaijan!” social project - VIDEO
Azerbaijan commemorates Khojaly genocide - PHOTOSESSION
14 years pass since establishment of the Ministry of Emergency Situations: They always come to your aid in any difficult moments - PHOTOSESSION - VIDEO
First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva attended opening ceremony of rebuilt Azerbaijan pavilion at Exhibition of Achievements of National Economy in Moscow - UPDATED
Open Doors Day and the military oath-taking ceremony were held on the occasion of the State Flag Day
An exhibition that also presents President Ilham Aliyev's photo opened in Moscow
State Migration Service address to foreigners and stateless persons regarding movement restriction