December 29 diversion was pre-planned by Yerevan: retired general

#
# 16:18
29 December 2016

Armenia’s diversion against Azerbaijan has been prepared by Yerevan in advance, Chingiz Mammadov, Azerbaijani military expert, former deputy defense minister, retired lieutenant-general, told APA on December 29.

 

On Dec. 29, a reconnaissance group of the Armenian Armed Forces tried to violate the Azerbaijan-Armenia state border. The Armenian group found itself in the ambush of the Azerbaijani army while violating the borders. The enemy suffered losses in the ensuing clash and had to retreat. 

 

A soldier of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces, Gurbanov Chingiz, is missing as a result of the shootout. He is being searched for.

 

Mammadov added that Yerevan committed a provocation today to draw attention of the CSTO member-states to the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict after the Armenian delegation failed to point to the conflict and elect an Armenian representative as the CSTO secretary general at the organization’s recent session in St. Petersburg.

 

“Shortly after the incident on the state border, CSTO Secretary General Nikolay Bordyuzha regarded it as a diversion attempt of the Azerbaijani Army. This is regretful,” Mammadov said. “Thus, the coincidence in time of diversion and hasty interview allows us to note that the diversion had been pre-planned by Armenia.”  

 

The general accused Yerevan of periodically disseminating disinformation about the provocations in the zone which does not belong to Nagorno-Karabakh in order to expand the scope of the conflict and involve other CSTO member countries in this conflict.  

 

A reconnaissance group of the Armenian Armed Forces tried to violate the Azerbaijan-Armenia state border on Dec. 29 morning. The Armenian group found itself in the ambush of the Azerbaijani army while violating the borders. The enemy suffered losses in the ensuing clash and had to retreat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

#
#

THE OPERATION IS BEING PERFORMED