Azerbaijani Parliament adopts a statement protesting the resolution adopted by the French Senate - FULL TEXT
- 26 November 2020
The Azerbaijani Parliament has adopted a statement protesting the adoption of a resolution in the French Senate on the recognition of Nagorno-Karabakh, APA reports.
The full text of statement:
"In connection with the resolution adopted by the Senate of the French Republic on November 25, 2020 at the instigation of various Turkophobic and Islamophobic political circles and Armenian ethnic groups operating in France, The Milli Majlis of the Republic of Azerbaijan declares the following:
- The existence of a puppet regime called "The Nagorno-Karabakh Republic", illegally established by the Armenian armed forces in the occupied territories of the Republic of Azerbaijan in 1988-1994 and not recognized by any state, was terminated in November 2020;
- The need for the French Senate to recognize this puppet regime is an attempt to incite the French Government to violate the basic norms and principles of international law;
-This step by the French Senate is inconsistent with the commitments made by the French Republic in the framework of the European Union's global strategy for foreign and security policy, including the documents adopted by the Council of the European Union on the territorial integrity of states since 2016;
- The implementation of the provisions of this resolution has the potential to deal a crushing blow to the European Union and its Eastern Partnership program;
-One of the main reasons why the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, which posed a threat to the security of the South Caucasus and Europe as a whole, has not been resolved for nearly 30 years is that the mediator countries were indifferent who is the occupant state and who is occupied, especially the fact that France did not call the aggressor by his name;
- Encouraged by the support of foreign forces interested in continuing instability in the South Caucasus, Armenia, seeking to disrupt peace talks once and for all and legitimize the occupation of Azerbaijani lands, launched another provocation against Azerbaijan on September 27, 2020, but Azerbaijan defended itself under Article 51 of the UN Charter and during the 44-days of counter-offensive operation that carried out by Azerbaijan which exercised its right, forced the aggressor Armenia to peace;
- The French Senate resolution made unfounded and false allegations that Azerbaijan was involved in a counter-offensive by Turkish forces, that mercenaries from some conflict-ridden regions of the Middle East were being used against Armenia, and that war crimes were being committed against civilians in Nagorno-Karabakh but no evidence was presented in connection with these allegations;
- However, there are indisputable facts that Armenia has brought chauvinist, racist and terrorist mercenaries from foreign countries, including France, into the war zone and used them against Azerbaijan, serious war crimes committed against civilians and civilian objects in settlements far from the zone of military operations in Azerbaijan;
- During the war of aggression against Azerbaijan in 1992-1994, the Armenian armed forces committed a number of massacres against peaceful Azerbaijanis, including the Khojaly genocide, one of the most horrific tragedies of the 20th century;
- Republic of France, which considers itself a so-called “example” of respect to human rights and democratic values, has preferred to keep silent in front of these crimes against Azerbaijani civilians;
- During the colonial ruling, French armed forces killed hundreds of thousands of civilians en masse due to their ethnic and religious affiliation. Committed genocide crimes are a stain in the political history of France that is impossible to remove;
- Trilateral statement signed by Azerbaijani, Russian Presidents, and Armenian Prime Minister on November 10, 2020, ended the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno Karabakh conflict, which lasted for more than 30 years, occupation of Azerbaijani territories, paved the way for the future development of the Southern Caucasus region;
- The trilateral statement established dominance of norms and principles of international law, provided execution of Resolutions of the UN Security Council #822, #853, #874, and #884, adopted in 1993 and supported by the Republic of France itself, Resolution #62/243 adopted by the UN General Assembly in 2008, as well as documents adopted by the European Union, and European Parliament, Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, Organization of Islamic Cooperation, Non-Aligned Movement, European Court of Human Rights and other prestigious international organizations in different years.
Milli Majlis of the Republic of Azerbaijan stresses that the new realities created as a result of Azerbaijan's comprehensive efforts in the South Caucasus region should be accepted by all international organizations and states, including the French Republic, reminds these realities are supported by Russia and Turkey having influence in the region and accepted by Armenia and taking into account the above mentioned, calls on the Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan regarding the following:
1. to appeal to the OSCE leadership in order to recall the French Republic from the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs, whose neutrality has been questioned by its position and statements in recent days;
2.to review the existing political relations between the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Republic of France
to take necessary measures by deeply analyzing the existing economic relations between the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Republic of France.”
A statement of protest against the resolution adopted by the French Senate has been adopted at the meeting of Milli Majlis held today, APA reports.
A statement of protest against the resolution adopted by the French Senate will be discussed at today's meeting of the Milli Majlis, the chairperson of Azerbaijan's Milli Majlis Sahiba Gafarova said, APA reports.
S. Gafarova said that France should stop defending injustice and stand by rightful side: "The people of Azerbaijan will continue to unite around President Ilham Aliyev as a fist and repel all the ugly acts against our state and people."