“As a result of the victory in the Second Karabakh war Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev is not just a leader, but a national hero,” said Director of the Russian Institute of Political Studies, a well-known political scientist Sergei Markov in his Telegram channel, APA’s Moscow correspondent reports.
In the article entitled "Lessons of Azerbaijan's victory in the Second Karabakh War", the Russian expert said that President Ilham Aliyev has solved a number of tasks:
- Economic growth. It was the basis of the army.
- He did not allow to loot the incomes obtained from oil and gas. It was the basis for the economy.
- He established a modern army. Most of the weapons are from Russia. UAVs are from Turkiye.
- Diplomatically… If Armenia inflicted a missile blow to Azerbaijan’s oil and gas infrastructure, Turkiye was ready to send its troops as a key ally. It was Turkiye’s main contribution. Russia and all the CSTO countries took a neutral position, which was actually in favor of Azerbaijan. All international organizations, and states recognized that Karabakh is Azerbaijan. Almost all Muslim countries provided active support to Azerbaijan.
- Ilham Aliyev strengthened the political will of the nation. For 25 years, it was always said everywhere that Karabakh is Azerbaijan.
As a result of the victory, Ilham Aliyev is not just a leader, but a national hero and an example for many people in the world to solve problems," said Markov.